Contribute
Register

Carbon Copy Cloner issues

But it is related, it started when I did the patch. I think some people may want to fix this issue if they're applying OCLP for the Fenvi fix & want a backup.
I think you need to forget about CCC and use Apple's Migration App instead but one caveat, the donor install should be vanilla, in other words without OCLP patching which can be reverted within the app.

The reason CCC is failing, I suspect the Snapshot Sealed is broken by OCLP and therefore cloning is unsuccessful.
The patching has to alter certain core setting within the OS hence the reason SIP and SecureBootModel has to be disabled.

Hope this helps.

I think you need to forget about CCC and use Apple's Migration App instead but one caveat, the donor install should be vanilla, in other words without OCLP patching which can be reverted within the app.

The reason CCC is failing, I suspect the Snapshot Sealed is broken by OCLP and therefore cloning is unsuccessful.
The patching has to alter certain core setting within the OS hence the reason SIP and SecureBootModel has to be disabled.

Hope this helps.
So theoretically, the way I’m doing the clone in recovery mode MIGHT work LOL

I just chose my APFS formatted external and told it to restore it from my internal with my MacOS install. I mean if it copies every single piece of the drive, it’s just a matter of copying my EFI folder back to the EFI partition no? (I guess I’m going to find out in 45 minutes when this finishes)

Hope this helps.
So theoretically, the way I’m doing the clone in recovery mode MIGHT work LOL

I just chose my APFS formatted external and told it to restore it from my internal with my MacOS install. I mean if it copies every single piece of the drive, it’s just a matter of copying my EFI folder back to the EFI partition no? (I guess I’m going to find out in 45 minutes when this finishes)
So it finished.

The EFI folder didn’t copy. But that was expected. Booted back onto my working internal, copied the EFI, and it booted perfectly off the external.

There’s the workaround!

Back