Register

Carbon Copy Cloner Help

Motherboard
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
GTX 1650 Max-Q
Can anyone help me with this by chance? trying to make a backup of the macOS but get this error in Carbon Copy Cloner. it is v6.1.8 (7612).

I am not sure what this error is meaning. Disk Utility let me format the drive with no issues but when trying to make a clone I get this error.

The main drive is an M2 drive and the drive I am trying to clone it to is a 2.5inch SSD. It boots with USB on the M2 drive (Can't figure out why I can't get it to boot without USB) but when I try to clone the drive it just keeps giving me this error. The drive is seated properly, etc.

MSI GF63 Thin 9SC Laptop
i5-9300h
32gb DDR4

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 5.46.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 5.46.53 PM.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 16
Can anyone help me with this by chance? trying to make a backup of the macOS but get this error in Carbon Copy Cloner. it is v6.1.8 (7612).

I am not sure what this error is meaning. Disk Utility let me format the drive with no issues but when trying to make a clone I get this error.

The main drive is an M2 drive and the drive I am trying to clone it to is a 2.5inch SSD. It boots with USB on the M2 drive (Can't figure out why I can't get it to boot without USB) but when I try to clone the drive it just keeps giving me this error. The drive is seated properly, etc.

MSI GF63 Thin 9SC Laptop
i5-9300h
32gb DDR4

Thanks
plug the drive in

plug the drive in
lol. the drive is plugged in. My laptop has M2 and SATA slot both. The SSD is the SATA one and is plugged in and shows up in MacOS, etc. but it is stumping me why I get this error.

So now no EFI folder in Monterey?? How am I suppose to copy the files over to the EFI folder if there isn't one?

Monterey APFS

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 8.52.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 8.52.38 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
EFI attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 4
EFI attached
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup: