Contribute
Register

Capitan beta 8: Kexts not loading? SIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
[LAPTOP] Acer Aspire E5-771-74E7 + Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-5500U Dual-core 2.40 GHz (Broadwell)
Graphics
Intel HD5500, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm working on some USB issues with my Capitan build.

I edited "IOUSBHostFamily.kext > Plugins > AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext" to attempt a USB2 fix from another forum, which didn't work. After replacing the edited kext with a backup of the original, I noticed that the original kext was no longer being loaded. I'm using the standard process of re-installation and repair/rebuild through Kext Wizard.

Why would the original kext AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext not be loading anymore? The USB3 version (AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext), which also resides in IOUSBHostFamily.kext, is still loading, so I know IOUSBHostFamily.kext is working. For some reason my re-installation of the original USB2 kext is not working.

I did read about System Integrity Protection (SIP). My Clover config has:
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
</dict>
I also tried CsrActiveConfig = 0x65 but no change.

Just to be sure, I manually installed and repaired/rebuilt the original IOUSBHostFamily.kext (chown, chmod, touch, delete caches).

What am I missing? Any thoughts?

Looks like SIP is disabled, per csrutil:
rytzs-MacBook-Pro:~ rytz$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: disabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Turns out that, even though the I re-installed an original kext, it is not being loaded on startup.

The good news is that I can load the kext manually without errors. Just need to figure out why its not being loaded on startup... syslog here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back