Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard
CPU
CPU
Graphics
Graphics
I have been trying to get wake from sleep working on my machine for a few days now so that I may use a 7XXX graphics card in the future. Sleep works fine, it's just that when I try to wake, my fans and hard drives spin up but my screen stays black. Another thing is all of the phase leds on my motherboard turn on and stay on once I try to wake. I'm using a DSDT from this site (BIOS version F9) so sleep and wake should theoretically work. I'm on 10.8.3 right now.

Here are the things I've tried that didn't do anything:
- Setting my hibernatemode to 0 and 3
- Tried checking various boxes in different combinations under Energy Saver Preferences
- Patching AppleRTC through Multibeast
- Tried sleep/wake on installs of 10.7.3, 10.7.5, and 10.8.2
- Tried taking out all unncessary peripherals like usb bluetooth adapter, esata card, and dvd drive.
- Reset BIOS settings (removing my overclock) and only changing necessary ones like AHCI and enabling 64-bit HPET
- Setting my Suspend Type in BIOS to S1 and S3
- Using different combinations of Enabled and Disabled settings under Advanced CPU Core Features
- A bunch of different darkwake flags (0,1,8,10) in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- USBBusFix=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Using Chimera 1.11.1, 2.0.1, and the latest version of Chameleon

Note: There is no UEFI update for my motherboard. USB 3 drivers are not installed and the ports turned off in BIOS.

After all of my troubleshooting the only thing I can think of is that it is a DSDT problem, a BIOS setting that needs changing, or maybe a bootloader problem.

Any thoughts on what is going wrong and how to troubleshoot it further?

Is there anything that I can try that's not on the list that may work? I'm out of ideas.

I tired to PM Message you this question but I don't have enough posts in the forum to allow me to PM Message so, I am putting it in the thread. Please PM me or answer right here I will check this tomorrow.

Question - I can't get my computer screen to wake up it stays dark after coming out of sleep.

Looks like you have or had the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Please let me know?

Thanks,
MacModifier

I never found a solution.

Same problem, using Asus 650ti Boost. Also used a custom DSDT.

Has anyone ever tried a DSDT free installation to see if this problem goes away?

I have a DSDT free installation and I have a Black Screen after wake from sleep.

Does this work for anyone?

A while ago I accidentally clicked sleep instead of restart. I tried to wake my hackintosh up and it worked!

I've been following the most up to date releases of FakeSMC and I think that is the reason waking is suddenly working now. Right now I'm using v5.3.820 (which happens to be in MultiBeast v5.5).

Other info that might be relevant:

I'm on 10.8.4
I'm using Chameleon r2263 as my bootloader
GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.4 is installed for USB 3.0 and the ports are on in bios
I'm using Suspend Type S3 in bios
hibernatemode is 0
None of the boxes in energy saver settings are checked
I'm pretty sure AppleRTC is still patched from MultiBeast
I don't have any darkwake flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
I don't have USBBusFix in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
All of my peripherals like usb bluetooth adapter, esata card, and dvd drive are plugged in

I haven't tested trying to wake from auto sleep yet but I'm sure it will work.

So for those of you that were having trouble getting wake to work you may want to install the latest FakeSMC and give it another try.

Had same problem, but updating FakeSMC fixed it for me too.

Thanks Dermy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back