Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone
I am currently using macOS High Sierra to use, but now when Map usb does not recognize USB 3.0 port to use nor to map usb. So is there any way to fix it?
USB3.0 - 1.png
USB3.0 - 2.png

The USB3 port(s) on your laptop use an Asmedia controller. As they are not intel based they probably won't show up in Hackintool. You may need to use a third-party USB3 kext to get them working.

For your intel based USB2 ports I would suggest you follow this guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
May I ask if rename in clover should I choose rename XHC1 to XHCI or XHC1 to XHC for my usb 3.0 Asmedia controller?

Doesn’t matter, as the Asmedia USB3 ports will not be affected by the rename patch. The config.plist ACPI rename patches are aimed at Intel USB controllers not the Asmedia controller.

Thrid party USB controllers tend to work or not in macOS, with little input on our part. Most of the old USB3 kexts stopped working when macOS El Capitan was released.

But if you want to know if any rename patches are required for a system you need to look in the system DSDT.aml and any accompanying system SSDT’S. Each system is unique in that respect, even having a newer Bios version makes a difference when it comes to patching.

Doesn’t matter, as the Asmedia USB3 ports will not be affected by the rename patch. The config.plist ACPI rename patches are aimed at Intel USB controllers not the Asmedia controller.

Thrid party USB controllers tend to work or not in macOS, with little input on our part. Most of the old USB3 kexts stopped working when macOS El Capitan was released.

But if you want to know if any rename patches are required for a system you need to look in the system DSDT.aml and any accompanying system SSDT’S. Each system is unique in that respect, even having a newer Bios version makes a difference when it comes to patching.
Ok, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back