Contribute
Register

Can't Use the Upgrade Using Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mainboard Gigabyte X79S-UP5, Socket FCLGA2011, Realtek ALC898 codec
CPU
Intel® Xeon® E5-2665 (20M Cache, 2.40 GHz 8cores, 8.00 GT/s Intel® QPI) Sandy Bridge EP
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64 8gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi @tonymacx86 I cannot use your direct upgrade method to upgrade to High Sierra from 10.12.6. Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?
The error start from
@nke.applicationfirewall 183

I guess.. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2865.JPG
    IMG_2865.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @tonymacx86 I cannot use your method to upgrade to high sierra from 10.12.6 do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?
the error start from
@nke.applicationfirewall 183

I guess.. :)

Try changing your system definition (smbios). From the info below your avatar, I believe your build is more similar to a Mac Pro than an iMac. Maybe choosing Mac Pro 5,1 definition can help you, if you haven't tried that already.

I had the same error loop in my last build during High Sierra update, i5 4670 and Gigabyte H87N-WIFi, picking iMac 14,2 system definition solved it.

Last edited:
Try changing your system definition (smbios). From the info below your avatar, I believe your build is more similar to a Mac Pro than an iMac. Maybe choosing Mac Pro 5,1 definition can help you, if you haven't try that already.

I had the same error loop in my last build during High Sierra update, i5 4670 and Gigabyte H87N-WIFi, picking iMac 14,2 system definition solved it.
I just got the specs from my hardware boxes, and I put them under my avatar, if I want to put it in my config.plist I don't know which part that I need to copy

I just got the specs from my hardware boxes, and I put them under my avatar, if I want to put it in my config.plist I don't know which part that I need to copy

You don't have to do it manually and actually you shouldn't enter your exact configuration to your smbios. Think of it like this: Apple produce very limited number of models with very specific hardware configurations. We are trying to select the right configuration which most closely resembles to our build. For example, I have i5 4670 and I use integrated gpu and 8gb of ram, closest Apple product is 2013 iMac, which also uses 4th generation i5, igpu, and 8gb of ram. So it is highly preferable for me to choose iMac 14,2, because that way macOS can correctly asses what it needs to thinker to accomodate my hardware.

You can download Clover Configurator and choose your system definition in SMBIOS panel. You can use free Mactracker app too see which Apple product is similar to yours. You can download it from the appstore.

I didn't check it with mactraker app but I believe MacPro 5,1 will do it for you.

it looks like that app cannot recognize my hardware..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 09.33.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 09.33.51.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back