Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can see in my boot log that I have extra entries that may be stopping me from booting into Clover without the USB stick. I see I can use the bcfg command to remove the excessive entries but I can't open the UEFI shell from Clover. Please help!

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *250.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS MacintoshHD 249.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.0 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS USB 15.7 GB disk1s2

View attachment bootlog.log.txt

I can see in my boot log that I have extra entries that may be stopping me from booting into Clover without the USB stick. I see I can use the bcfg command to remove the excessive entries but I can't open the UEFI shell from Clover. Please help!

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *250.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS MacintoshHD 249.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.0 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS USB 15.7 GB disk1s2

View attachment 159912

You can use 'efibootmgr' in Linux.

See post #2 in Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

In Linux? You mean create a bootable USB and use efibootmgr or can this just be done in Terminal?

That's a long list that I want to clean up. Should I assume that the lower or higher numbers are the latest?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 218
That's a long list that I want to clean up. Should I assume that the lower or higher numbers are the latest?

Not sure what you mean by "latest". They are not marked with a "creation time".

I did both verbose and without and I don't see it. I think I saw something that says the most current installation (I have done multiple reinstallations while trying to get this going) is the lowest number.

Last edited:
I did both verbose and without and I don't see it.

Define "it".

I think I saw something that says the most current installation (I have done multiple reinstallations while trying to get this going) is the lowest number.

If you're referring to the number for each entry, they are all arbitrary.

Duh, I thought that was a question. :crazy: "They are not marked with a creation time." Add a question mark to the end of that sentence and then imagine me looking for a creation time in the list.

Logically, it seems as if the most recent entries correspond to the most recent, chronologically, OS boots. Boot 0 is the USB stick I have Ubuntu on. I don't know what entries 3 or 4 are but the list of "Clover start"... entries seem to correspond with the many installations I have performed over the past weeks. I'll try deleting a few that I don't use and see how that goes.

Duh, I thought that was a question. :crazy: "They are not marked with a creation time." Add a question mark to the end of that sentence and then imagine me looking for a creation time in the list.

It was a statement, just as written... UEFI boot entries do not have a timestamp, therefore none displayed, therefore not possible to determine relative "add order".

Logically, it seems as if the most recent entries correspond to the most recent, chronologically,

Not necessarily. Entries can be added with any identifier and added to the bottom or the top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back