Contribute
Register

Can't use keyboard in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

I've recently stumbled upon a 'small' problem.

DISK SETUP:
1 - Main disk with Mountain Lion 10.8.5
2&3 - Raid 0 with a lot of files

The beginning of the story takes place when I accidentally upgraded to 10.8.5 via the automatic update. After a lot of fixes here and there I've come upon a problem where it's impossible to use my keyboard in chimera. It's possible to use the keyboard to go into BIOS but when I am trying to bring up the chimera the keyboard doesn't respond.

If it's impossible to solve, I wonder if it's possible to remove disk 1, format it, reinstall the osx and then add the disk 2&3 raid setup (with all content on those untouched) in the new install. Or will the files on the raid be lost forever?

Hello everybody.

I've recently stumbled upon a 'small' problem.

DISK SETUP:
1 - Main disk with Mountain Lion 10.8.5
2&3 - Raid 0 with a lot of files

The beginning of the story takes place when I accidentally upgraded to 10.8.5 via the automatic update. After a lot of fixes here and there I've come upon a problem where it's impossible to use my keyboard in chimera. It's possible to use the keyboard to go into BIOS but when I am trying to bring up the chimera the keyboard doesn't respond.

If it's impossible to solve, I wonder if it's possible to remove disk 1, format it, reinstall the osx and then add the disk 2&3 raid setup (with all content on those untouched) in the new install. Or will the files on the raid be lost forever?

That sounds more like a BIOS setting (USB related) or perhaps you have your keyboard plugged into a different port than it was. It can't be dependent on any OS install, because at the Chimera boot screen, no OS is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back