Contribute
Register

Can't update to the new iWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theft isn't cool, nor should it be bragged about.

There is a stark difference between paying for something and not paying for something. This whole process was about being able to update the apps that we had already purchased.

First of all - VMWare solution is great!
and if u get the troubles with iMovie update just push "update all", type your pass and all updates will be added to your account even if some of this can't be downloaded.
cheers.

First of all - VMWare solution is great!
and if u get the troubles with iMovie update just push "update all", type your pass and all updates will be added to your account even if some of this can't be downloaded.
cheers.

i don't think that worked for me.

(edit) i take that back. it DID work for me. thanks!

There is a very simple solution to this as log as (a) you have your iLife / iWork install disk and have access to a genuine Mac, or (b) have already installed iLife/iWork on a real Mac using your Apple ID.

Situation 1: Install Disk and access to a real Mac

1) If necessary, create a User account on the real Mac with the Apple ID used on your Hackintosh. Log on.
2) If necessary, install iLife/iWork on the real Mac using that user account
3) Open the App Store, and trigger an update the iLife/iWork apps. This is the key step - it will add iMovie/iPhoto etc. to your purchase history in the App store.
4) You don't actually have to complete the update on the real Mac if you don't want to. Cancel if you want.
5) Return to your Hackintosh and log on. The iApps should now appear on your purchase history, and you can update as normal.

Situation b: you have installed iLife/iWork on a real Mac using your Apple ID
1) On the real Mac, log in using your account with your Apple ID
2) Open the App store and update the iApps
3) Return to your Hack and check your download history. They should be there now.
4) Trigger updates as usual.

I have iWork 09 on disk and was having this issue. My iLife worked like a charm, but i had Pages, Keynote, and Numbers showing up under the update tab and I couldn't update them as it told me they weren't associated with my Apple ID. I used the Clover EFI to boot my install and it immediately worked! It was a piece of cake and I was thinking that Clover was going to be more difficult due to others talking about the complexity of it!

>Step 2: install VMtools, turn the VM off and then change the display setting: set 3D accelerator ON.

I'm having one heck of the time with the VMtools...

How do I turn off the VM to change the display settings?

I feel like I had a stroke working in VMWare!

Thanks!

John

The whole process of creating a VM with Mavericks seemed a bit over kill but I tried. I wasted two hours trying to get one to work and it never did.

As others have said, I made a Clover boot USB drive (which took a while to get to work on my system) but it worked instantly. Booted, opened App Store and downloaded the updates.

I really wonder what it is about Chameleon that did not allow the apps to update. I do know that real Mac users are having some issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back