Contribute
Register

can't update to combo 10.6.8 and wrong mac installed help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all
Ok a few problem if anyone can help out installed a the using the Following specs
Gigyabyte Z68Xp-UD3P M/B V4
i7. 2600K 3.4ghz Processor.
Powercolor Radeon HD6670. 1Gb Graphics Card
OCZ 16Gb ddr3
16GB (4x4gb) DDR3 Corsair 1600MHz Vengence memory.
OCZ 750watt modular power supply.
120Gb OCZ Agility3 ssd. firmware updated to latest version
1tb Hitachi Sata Drive.
Sony Optrica
G5 case.

ok so installed SL onto my agility ssd single strip 4GB installed bare bones dvd keyboard and mouse nothing else on the system while i was doing the installation.until installation finished installation then installed the 16GB memory
Used Custom beast which TM's guys Had done for me!
then my problems started when I tried to do the combo 10.6.8 update my system would hang or just not boot
So reinstalled got SL working to 10.6.3 then cloned the drive and tried severial different ways to get the combo to install also followed TM's specialized instructions to update to 10.6.8. for the Sandy Bridge system,
nothing all that would happen is my system would go to the grey apple screen and just hang, also cant seem to boot without iboot
also heard that their were problems with the onboard ethernet, so bought a sonnos presto gigabit pcie pro card whitch seems to works far better than the onboard ethernet which is now disabled.
however now that I have the system up and runnuing so to speak in the info panel it shows my system as a
imac 1.27 Ghz and 4 Gb of 667Mhz ddr2 sdram
when in fact it should show up as a Macpro i7 3.4 Ghz and 16gb ddr3 1600Mhz memory
New to all this Mac stuff so if any can help Pllleeeesssssaaaaaaaaa!!!
Anyway pictures below if anyone can offer advice thanks Ray:)

Ps I know that my graphics card isn't supported but is their anyway to get a higher resolution

f778c28d.jpg

43e0d538.jpg

faf72935.jpg

276acf2e.jpg

a29710a2.jpg

d8b705f9.jpg

69ca6acf.jpg

01156a5e.jpg

286f6c6a.jpg

b9c8edba.jpg

dce92de4.jpg

d7c6e95e.jpg

bb746c4b.jpg

a1493543.jpg

2cff4ef9.jpg

c4f90421.jpg

ac92f02d.jpg

299a7fde.jpg

a0db763b.jpg

bb7ec7d9.jpg

Why do you have Mac 11,1?

You should be on the default 3,1.

First, mac system info does not show like in a real genuine mac changes like OC on the CPU OR RAM change. I have my RAM running @ 1600MHz but it is still 1333MHz on the info panel even though in the system profiler it recognizes it @ 1600. You forget you are on pc parts. This is not Windows.

Second, I believe that card requires kext editing or EFI I can't remember but on here there is way to get it supported last time I had a look. I believe some got so frustrated they bought a OOB card since the 6670 was a headache to get working. Look on here for the thread for it. You can't change the resolution until the card is supported and recognized.

I'm having similar problems with my system. I can get through the initial install and I even get to the desktop afterwards, but that's it. Once I restart for any reason, not only will the SL partition not boot without iBoot, but it'll freeze on the white Apple boot screen. There's a pre-edited DSDT for this motherboard, and I followed the instructions for updating to 10.6.8 but no luck.

My system's almost exactly the same as yours:
Z68XP-UD3P V5
i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
GTX 560 Ti

Jester 696

Ok as Ive said Im new to macs so not sure what you mean by 11.1 can I run multibeast and change whatever needs changed to 3.1! I used the custom beast that i got from TonyM's guys and installed as per their instructions! but if you can point me in the right direction that would help! Thanks Ray:)

Oh almost forgot! getting Mouse freeze for a few seconds after i do a task!

by 11,1 is ment the imac 11,1 model identifier

normally all people set up their hack with macpro3,1
for your cpu i would recommend imac 12,2 ( cause it has the same cpu)

this is specially needed if you dont use nullCPUPowermanagement.kext and have native speedstep with DSDT edit.

if you cant update to combo it has to do with ACPI Platform, which has to be deleted before running the combo update ( it is well documentated here, so read more before pushing update buttons)

ps: the higher resolution you get, if you set up your bootloader ( chameleon or chimera) with Graphics Mode=1900x1020x32

Rayrosher said:
Jester 696

Ok as Ive said Im new to macs so not sure what you mean by 11.1 can I run multibeast and change whatever needs changed to 3.1! I used the custom beast that i got from TonyM's guys and installed as per their instructions! but if you can point me in the right direction that would help! Thanks Ray:)

Oh almost forgot! getting Mouse freeze for a few seconds after i do a task!

Btw, you're using a version of iBoot that is 2 years old.

I suggest you download the latest version of iBoot for Snow Leopard that is available in the download section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back