Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It wont let me install any update let alone 10.6.8. I get the message "Mac OS X Update can't be installed on this disk. This update requires Mac OS X version 10.6.7 or later."

I'm really starting to get pissed off.

I followed these instructions:

1) booted iBoot 3.1.1
2) installed OSX 10.6 retail (on HD)
3) reboot over iBoot to my new HD
4) Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
5) In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
6) Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.
7) Reboot and update 10.6.8 (still keeping the iboot disk in the drive)
8) Don't restart after 10.6.8 update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing reboot your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.
9) Once your back at the desktop. Run multibeast again (last time I promise) and select:
System Utilites, Drivers & bootloaders > kexts and enablers > network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet (just tickbox the last one), then Customizations > system definitions >iMac > iMac 12,2

And couldn't move on past step 7 because of that notification!

Re: CANT UPDATE NEED HELP! [SOLVED]

Enabled internet, then I just did software update. Then multibeast. Worked out perfectly and I'm back to normal, minus audio and RAM speeds which Im working on along with dual booting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back