CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all! I recently hacked some new hardware, a Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 with an i7 2600.

I had to use the legacy installer because my motherboard didn't want to boot the USB from the UEFI Unibeast install.

I got the build up and running with NVIDIA web drivers, but now I'm having trouble updating. App store lists a 2.63 GB update which includes iTunes, Safari, and a security update for High Sierra. My current software build lists as 17G66, and when I download the update from mac app store my computer reboots and says "installing software update," but then reboots shortly after. I have 3 other boot options listed in Clover now, two are preboot, and one is a "boot macos from filevault" selecting each one does nothing but boot back into MacOS without the update. Then, I have to redownload the update again and the same story repeats itself. High Sierra keeps adding more preboot volumes to my clover bootloader.

I reinstalled High Sierra freshly yesterday and tried updating again, and it was the same deal. It didn't reboot right away, but seemed like it was installing the updates to my SSD, (HD activity light was on), but when it did reboot it didn't finish the update install process.

What can I do to fix this issue? I have a Kingston 150 gig SSD - not currently using a hard drive.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Try the combo update :

Try the combo update :

Thanks again Pilgrim. I used the update and it still tried to reboot. I pressed "f3" in Clover and found an entry to "boot MacOS from Macintosh SSD (my install disk) and selected that, and it worked to finish the update. The actual update restarted right away - the trick for me was to boot into the correct disk.

I'm not sure if I was selecting the wrong one before but either way it's all updated now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back