Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't update beyond Clover 5109...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey!

Trying to update by Hackintosh' Clover so I can install Big Sur (need it for latest Final Cut).
I can update clover but my machine just won't boot on any clover version after 5109...
In the latest 5141 i get this message when trying to boot:

IMG_1811.jpg

What to do?

Anyone? :(

Here's my config file if it's any help?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 67
In the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed, make sure that you have all of your drivers in the new location. /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Thanks!

How can I make a compatible config.plist for the newer versions of Clover?

use the config plist validator as mentioned in your image
It says I need at least Clover 5135 to use the validator, and as I cannot boot in anything beyond 5109 it's not possible?

If you download the Clover ISO there is an example config.plist included in the correct format that you can adapt for your own purposes.

If you download the Clover ISO there is an example config.plist included in the correct format that you can adapt for your own purposes.
Tried it, and tried to add the settings from the old config... but I just don't know what I'm doing. Can't get it to boot in 5141 :(

Tried it, and tried to add the settings from the old config... but I just don't know what I'm doing. Can't get it to boot in 5141

Switch to OpenCore.
It is better documented and supported.

Current Clover is the illegitimate offspring of Clover and OpenCore.

I've looked into that but it seems a bit too complicated to me.
As everything works great now I was hoping there would be a fairly easy thing to do so I could update clover and install Big Sur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back