Contribute
Register

Can't switch off Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have disabled bluetooth through the terminal on two of my systems without any issues:

Must be run with root privileges:

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 0
Turns OFF bluetooth

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 1
Turns on bluetooth

just another idea.
will test it, thanks :D

You can disable the BT chip by taping pins on the mini PCIe card. Do a search.

Here's the link (I happened to have it open in my browser, as I'm going to do this mod too -- I don't need BT at all): http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=48885&start=20

I completely removed mini pcie Ar9280 card from B570e but it still shows up,i guess its not on the card. It shows on usb hub as broadcom Bluetooth 2.1
Is there a way to disable it till i receive the new one ? It drains a lot of battery.
I did order BCM94352HMB,so I have to wait till i receive it

Attachments

• IMG_20170630_214402.jpg
    IMG_20170630_214402.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 367
I completely removed mini pcie Ar9280 card from B570e but it still shows up,i guess its not on the card. It shows on usb hub as broadcom Bluetooth 2.1
Is there a way to disable it till i receive the new one ? It drains a lot of battery.
I did order BCM94352HMB,so I have to wait till i receive it

If you're using USBInjectAll.kext, you can simply exclude the USB port which is hosting the BT controller.
You can do so with your custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, or with uia_exclude kernel flag.

If you're using USBInjectAll.kext, you can simply exclude the USB port which is hosting the BT controller.
You can do so with your custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, or with uia_exclude kernel flag.

I don`t use USBInjectAll.kext since my Lenovo B570e doesn't have USB 3 Port and system detects his Controllers ID's Natively.
all i do for usb ports on B570e is the Rename from EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 and everything works correctly.

I guess in order to disable it i will have to USBInjectAll.kext afterall, create a custom override where i exclude the USB Port Controller. or i guess you are right, also the kernel flag can be easier.

I was wondering after i receive my BCM94352HMB Card,is laptop going to show 2 bluetooth devices or that USB Bluetooth gets Replaced by the One from the Card ?

I don`t use USBInjectAll.kext since my Lenovo B570e doesn't have USB 3 Port and system detects his Controllers ID's Natively.
all i do for usb ports on B570e is the Rename from EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 and everything works correctly.

I guess in order to disable it i will have to USBInjectAll.kext afterall, create a custom override where i exclude the USB Port Controller. or i guess you are right, also the kernel flag can be easier.

USBInjectAll.kext is applicable to systems without USB3.
Correct configuration of USBInjectAll.kext always requires custom SSDT.

I was wondering after i receive my BCM94352HMB Card,is laptop going to show 2 bluetooth devices or that USB Bluetooth gets Replaced by the One from the Card ?

Unlikely.
The USB pins in the slot are probably not connected.

Unlikely.
The USB pins in the slot are probably not connected.
Didn't exactly understand your answer but if i did i guess you're saying even after i get the BCM94352HMB that has Bluetooth 4.0,the Bluetooth on the Laptop USB will still be there and i will have to keep it disabled with that SSDT or Flag ?

Didn't exactly understand your answer but if i did i guess you're saying even after i get the BCM94352HMB that has Bluetooth 4.0,the Bluetooth on the Laptop USB will still be there and i will have to keep it disabled with that SSDT or Flag ?

Laptops with built-in BT tend to have the USB pins on the half-mini PCIe slot NOT connected to anything.
As a result, the BT controller on the half-mini does not receive power and does not have access to the USB bus.

USBInjectAll.kext is applicable to systems without USB3.
Correct configuration of USBInjectAll.kext always requires custom SSDT.
Wow at least i never thought that for USB 2 ports is important to install the kext & make custom ssdt, since they were all working fine but from now on(since i created one),Every single Hackintosh machine, no matter what type it is,USBInjectAll.kext + Custom SSDT is a must !.
Man my IOreg now looks so much cleaner,like 10 less fingers of scrolling on mouse/touchpad on IO registry Explorer
All those Unused active ports are just clutter for the system.

I'm so sorry about starting old topic again, but are there some ways to enable "Turn off" button for bluetooth in AR5B195? Right now I speak about problem with High Sierra installed with Clover. There is no kexts, only AddDTGP_0001 and FixAirport_4000 applied with 0x0030168C fake id. Bluetooth works without kexts or looks like works (my meizu phone is paired with it). I'm searching the way in which I can turn on/off bluetooth without reboot. I saw console solutions, there also we can do some sh scripts, but are there some more useful solutions?
Знімок екрана 2017-10-07 о 01.44.14.png

I'm so sorry about starting old topic again, but are there some ways to enable "Turn off" button for bluetooth in AR5B195?

No.
You need compatible BT hardware (such as Broadcom).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back