Contribute
Register

Cant start up Snow Leopard after using Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it to boot with boot before you ran multibeast? So re install and don't run mutibeast.

But if you already have access to a mac/hack and can create a unibeast usb with yosemite, then yeah just do that instead of messing with SL. SL install is usually recommended for people who don't currently have access to MAS.

Ok I will definitely try and do that, thank you for your help, I'll let the thread know how it goes.

You got it to boot with boot before you ran multibeast? So re install and don't run mutibeast.

But if you already have access to a mac/hack and can create a unibeast usb with yosemite, then yeah just do that instead of messing with SL. SL install is usually recommended for people who don't currently have access to MAS.

Ok got a lot further this time. Installed SL, didn't install multibeast. Made a bootable (at least what I think is bootable) flash drive. Then I tried to boot from that flash drive and i got this. Any ideas?

unibeast.jpg

Ok got a lot further this time. Installed SL, didn't install multibeast. Made a bootable (at least what I think is bootable) flash drive. Then I tried to boot from that flash drive and i got this. Any ideas?

Put your hardware in your profile and or create a sig per the forum rules. Not going to look back thru 2 pages of posts looking for it since you didn't put it in your first post.

View attachment 122561
I installed Snow Leopard on my PC last night, and get the same thing if I try to boot from the HDD. I can boot from the iBoot CD and if I select the HDD from there it loads. I'm going to have to re-install tonight without Multibeast, as suggested in a previous post, but if I get any information I'll let you know.

I am currently looking into how to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite. I don't know of I can do a straight upgrade or if I need to install it in stages, (Lion -> Mounaint Lion -> Yosemite)

I installed Snow Leopard on my PC last night, and get the same thing if I try to boot from the HDD. I can boot from the iBoot CD and if I select the HDD from there it loads. I'm going to have to re-install tonight without Multibeast, as suggested in a previous post, but if I get any information I'll let you know.

I am currently looking into how to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite. I don't know of I can do a straight upgrade or if I need to install it in stages, (Lion -> Mounaint Lion -> Yosemite)

You will not be able to boot from HDD on Snow Leopard with Haswell hardware.
Boot with iBoot Haswell, download the 10.6.8 update combo and install, reboot with iBoot Haswell, launch App Store and download Yosemite. Create a Yosemite install USB and install Yosemite.

You will not be able to boot from HDD on Snow Leopard with Haswell hardware.
Boot with iBoot Haswell, download the 10.6.8 update combo and install, reboot with iBoot Haswell, launch App Store and download Yosemite. Create a Yosemite install USB and install Yosemite.

Thanks! :)

I'm creating the USB disk now, using Unibeast, as detailed in the installing Yosemite guide.

While I'm waiting for that, I may as well ask... I don't suppose I can install Yosemite, as an upgrade, straight from the App Store?

No you cant upgrade from sl to yosemite using the app store. If you could don't you think we would tell you instead of going thru the rigmarole of creating a bootable unibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back