Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x
Gigabyte P55M-UD2 F11
Intel Core i5 750
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
8GB of Ram

1. Downloaded Mavericks on App Store
2. Downloaded UniBeast and MultiBeast
3. Inserted 8GB Flash Drive into computer
4. Disk Utility -> Highlight -> Partition -> 1 Partition -> Master Boot Record -> Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) -> Partition
5. Run Unibeast -> Selected Mavericks
5a. I didn't select Legacy USB Support because I read on this site that if you have a DSDT, you don't need to select it
6. Installed Succesfully.
7. Restart Computer -> F12 -> USB-HDD
8. Apple Logo appears, then black screen.

Attempted the following boot flags

Boot Flag (Result)
-x (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)
GraphicsEnabler=No (Stuck at Apple Logo)
PCIRootUID=1 (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)
PCIRootUID=0 (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)
npci=0x3000 (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)
-v (Bunch of code appeared on screen, Black Screen)
GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 IGPEnabler=No (Apple Logo, Loading Circle, Black Screen)

So now I don't know what to do. Anyone have any idea what I can attempt next? I did not mess with anything on the flash drive, I didn't remove or add any files, just in case anyone needed to know.

I have the same issue. I booted in verbose mode, and the screen still fell asleep and the computer won't boot.

ok, i got the first boot to load.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, IGPEnabler=No, Graphics Mode=1680x1050x32, -v, -x

change the mode to your monitor default res.

however, once I get into the first boot, i had no mouse or keyboard. using a logitech mouse and logitech g-11 keyboard. unable to move past it.

tried combinations of the above and USBBusFix=Yes/No and USBLegacyOff=Yes/No

ok, i got the first boot to load.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, IGPEnabler=No, Graphics Mode=1680x1050x32, -v, -x

change the mode to your monitor default res.

however, once I get into the first boot, i had no mouse or keyboard. using a logitech mouse and logitech g-11 keyboard. unable to move past it.

tried combinations of the above and USBBusFix=Yes/No and USBLegacyOff=Yes/No

So I just typed in what you said, and I changed my mode to 1920x1080x32, and I got to the installation screen, but my mouse and keyboard also didn't work (btw, I only have USB 2.0, not 3.0, so it isn't an issue). I think you're on to something here! When you made your UniBeast flash drive, did you enable Legacy Support? I didn't. I was told I didn't need to if I was using a DSDT, but maybe I should redo the flash drive and enable Legacy Support?

yeah, i tried the legacy usb option. no joy.

are you also using a logitech kb/mouse? just curious. i don't have access to another brand at the moment, and i wanna be sure it's a USB not working issue and not a logitech driver issue.

fyi, this kb/m not working on first boot is as far as i got in the lion and m-lion installs as well. gave up after two days, went back to my SL.

I have a iBUYPOWER keyboard and a Microsoft mouse, both are USB 2.0 and neither work.

I'm on Lion, which works for me. I attempted to run Mountain Lion, and although I didn't have any boot problems, when I got to the installation screen, both my keyboard and mouse didn't work and I as well, gave up. I hope I can get this working...

I doubt that it has anything to do with what kind of usb keyboard or mouse that you are using.

I have the same issue, and I have a similar motherboard, gigabyte p55 ud4, and a gts 250 gfx card.

I managed to get to install screen by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

I get a white screen for a bit and then the Mavericks install screen shows up, but usb mouse and usb keyboard does not work at all. So I managed to get to the install screen, but can not install Mavericks because both keyboard and mouse are dead on this screen.

I have a lighted usb keyboard, so i know exactly when the usb goes out when booting with unibeast.

When the grey screen comes up with the Apple logo, that is exactly when the usb keyboard and mouse no longer works, because the lights go off on usb keyboard, so I'm guessing that this screen is where the trouble starts, and when the usb mouse and keyboard no longer works.

The no Keyboard/Mouse happened on Mountain Lion installs on P55 motherboards. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...on-mountain-lion-starts-but-no-usb-mouse.html for details of the workaround for ML. I'd suggest trying it with the Mavericks install.

Thanks! That did the trick!

I just grabbed the DSDT for my motherboard and placed it in the Extras folder on the USB stick, and now both the keyboard and mouse are working when I get to the install screen.

I seem to have run into another issue though, because I can not choose the drive to install on. It's greyed out, even though it's an empty SSD that was recently erased in disk utility.

I might just give up on this, because I do have a perfect Snow. Leopard build, and it doesn't seem like its worth the effort or hassle to try and install mavericks onto my older motherboard and gfx combo, as too many issues are popping up.

Thanks again though for the link, as it did solve the USB issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back