Contribute
Register

Can't run Macserial — "No network connection" (known problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P9X79 WS
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mods: Please don't delete this! I posted it in two places (changing the title) and both got removed (redundant to each other). Thank you and apologies for the trouble.

Compiling and running "Macserial" (meaning, the genSYMBIOS script that comes with OpenCore) gives an error: "Error checking for updates (network issue)"

Googling shows that many people have this problem. Solutions — running in Windows or running in Docker — aren't readily available to me (I don't have a recent enough macOS to run Docker).

A December 2020 thread here on tonymac documents the same problem.

Is there another way to do this? I'm just trying to get my PlatformInfo specs for my MacPro6,1.

For example, does the working data exist somewhere in my working 2017 Clover/Sierra install?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help or advice.

Mods: Please don't delete this! I posted it in two places (changing the title) and both got removed (redundant to each other). Thank you and apologies for the trouble.

Compiling and running "Macserial" (meaning, the genSYMBIOS script that comes with OpenCore) gives an error: "Error checking for updates (network issue)"

Googling shows that many people have this problem. Solutions — running in Windows or running in Docker — aren't readily available to me (I don't have a recent enough macOS to run Docker).

A December 2020 thread here on tonymac documents the same problem.

Is there another way to do this? I'm just trying to get my PlatformInfo specs for my MacPro6,1.

For example, does the working data exist somewhere in my working 2017 Clover/Sierra install?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help or advice.
My working 2017 Clover/Sierra install (on the same hardware with the blank new SSD I'm trying to install OpenCore/Big Sur onto) has the following data in its config.plist (see attached file).

The correct data is in here, right? I just have to coordinate these entries with the differently-formatted entries in OpenCore's config.plist.

Attachments

• clover:sierra_machine id.png
    clover:sierra_machine id.png
    94 KB · Views: 27
I followed through on that plan, finding the four required data and copying them into my new OpenCore config.plist. We'll see if it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back