Contribute
Register

Can't run HWMonitor (Clover, Mav Multibeast-installed): Sparkle.framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z87 GRYPHON (currently inactive for rebuild)
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated: Can't run HWMonitor (Clover): Sparkle.framework

I have been trying out Clover (so far, so good). I was using it to clean install Mavericks on one of my old machines (a Gigabyte B75, i3-3225 box) that had been running Mavericks installed by the regular Unibeast method. After installation, I used Mavericks Multibeast 6.5.0 (1) to install FakeSMC (the complete suite) But when I try to run HWMonitor, it fails, and the Console lists a crash report. When I open the report, I see it cannot find a dynamic library associated with Sparkle.framework. Googling around, Sparkle seems to be a Cocoa thing. Update: Further investigation implies Sparkle has to do with managing updates.

The machine boots and runs great otherwise; just this and a small (cosmetic only) Hardware Overview glitch between me and the best PC-based Mac I have ever installed.

Can anyone help me out here?

Is there a problem using Multibeast with Clover this way? Update: I have installed the latest version from hwsensors.com since first post. (I.e., Not using Multibeast for the latest version install.) Behavior still the same.

Update: Since Sparkle seems to be an update thingy, could the problem possibly be because the machine is not connected to the network? I do not want to connect and expose the machine to Apple before I am completely satisfied with my Clover config.plist

(I'm not looking for help debugging the software, so will not enclose the crash report. I just want enough information to know when to stop banging my head, i.e., I am looking for people who have seen this problem before.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back