Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.

I think RehabMan will respond, so maybe I can tell you what's been going on with my search for a hackintosh. If you remember, I had a Dell Precision M4800 with nvidia working with the exception of resume from suspend while on battery and using discrete graphics.

I now have the same computer, but with AMD graphics (that didn't brick this time.) I got the graphics working, and I didn't even need to touch the DSDT for brightness to work, which I thought was cool. However, I can't resume from suspend, even when on AC.

I would say it's graphics related, and it may be, but the computer does literally nothing when trying to wake up. The power light goes solid, the computer makes a grunting noise like it's trying to wake up, but no disk activity, no processor activity, no backlight, and nothing in the log.

Any idea what this could be and how to fix it?

Hello.

I think RehabMan will respond, so maybe I can tell you what's been going on with my search for a hackintosh. If you remember, I had a Dell Precision M4800 with nvidia working with the exception of resume from suspend while on battery and using discrete graphics.

I now have the same computer, but with AMD graphics (that didn't brick this time.) I got the graphics working, and I didn't even need to touch the DSDT for brightness to work, which I thought was cool. However, I can't resume from suspend, even when on AC.

I would say it's graphics related, and it may be, but the computer does literally nothing when trying to wake up. The power light goes solid, the computer makes a grunting noise like it's trying to wake up, but no disk activity, no processor activity, no backlight, and nothing in the log.

Any idea what this could be and how to fix it?

Did you implement power management and the various usual DSDT patches?

Did you implement power management and the various usual DSDT patches?
Yes, power management seems fine (I have a custom SSDT), and I did the usual DSDT patches.

Well, I can add to this.

If I have the intel graphics enabled and not only the AMD graphics, I can wake up, no problem.
In fact, I can even wake up on battery, while using the AMD grphics with an external monitor.

If I can just get it to wake up without the intel graphics now, I'll be set.

You might want to take a look at some of the "System Patches" from my laptop patch repo.
I have applied every system patch, no changes. I'll post the latest ioreg.
I also tried renaming PEGP to GFX0 but it didn't make a difference.

I have applied every system patch, no changes. I'll post the latest ioreg.
I also tried renaming PEGP to GFX0 but it didn't make a difference.
Here is the latest ioreg:
View attachment 62914.ioreg

I think there must be some kind of kernel panic on wake-up that causes the computer to freeze, but obviously have no idea what it could be, and no idea how to trace it, as the computer does nothing after pressing the button to wake up.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? 90% sure it's graphics related.

I noticed that there is an additional SSDT table when using the integrated + discrete graphics, and that the DSDT changes some addresses. Nothing that I can tell has anything to do with sleep and wake though.

There are also vast changes in the SSDT files. I tried loading the SSDT and DSDT from when Integrated graphics was enabled but enabling only discrete graphics. It didn't change anything noticeably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back