Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

I'm not new here but my previous account seems to be no more. Probably because I hadn't logged in in a while though.

Anyhow, Got HS installed on my P8z77V-Premium and having a few issues.

I selected the option to restore from TimeMachine, picked the correct save and left the install process to do what it does. Came back a few hours later and I had list of files that couldn't be restored. So proceeded to boot into HS and noticed stuff like Desktop items, Documents, Downloads etc all restored from TM OK but no applications or system files.

I can only guess it's something to do the drive format as I installed HS on to an SSD so used APFS whereas TM backups were made when I was on Sierra using Journalised. Is that correct? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

@budest, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Just to update and close the problem I had.

It was related to WD MyCloud and TimeMachine which I resolved myself. Bottom line is that MyCloud is VERY unreliable in transferring large amount of data using TM.

I had to end up booting into Linux and transferring the TM folder to another drive and restoring from that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back