Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4930
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi all.

Recently installed Yosemite via Clover, all went smoothly... after having some trouble with the HWmonitor not picking up readings on my CPU i tried a suggested fix of updating my FakeSMC which i replaced and after rebooting everything hangs on the apple logo.

Tried booting in safe mode and without injections & caches, but still the system hangs

Is there anyway I can rectify the change without having to do a complete reinstall?

Thanks

Hi all.

Recently installed Yosemite via Clover, all went smoothly... after having some trouble with the HWmonitor not picking up readings on my CPU i tried a suggested fix of updating my FakeSMC which i replaced and after rebooting everything hangs on the apple logo.

Tried booting in safe mode and without injections & caches, but still the system hangs

Is there anyway I can rectify the change without having to do a complete reinstall?

Thanks

How you performed FakeSMC.kext updation?? Just through Copy & Paste?

Where is the kext?? in S/L/E or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 ??

Yup foolishly a copy and paste job directly into EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10

Is the old version of FakeSMC deleted/replaced??

Boot in verbose mode and post a photo of the entire frozen screen.

The old version was replaced... I do have a copy of the original on a USB though.

Screenshot below:

Attachments

• IMAG0690.jpg
    IMAG0690.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 78
The old version was replaced... I do have a copy of the original on a USB though.

Screenshot below:

Have you made any other changes other than the FakeSMC kext installation??

Are you able to boot into OS X Partition with USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back