2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi friends,

I'm having difficulty reaching the Mojave installer on my new build. The parts I used are all recommended in the buyer's guide; Gigabyte Z390UD (F6 firmware), Intel Core i3 9100 (UHD 630), 2x8GB 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport LT RAM (this is newer than the recommended 2400Mhz version, which I wasn't able to source, but I don't think that matters?). I'm on day 3 of trying to get this to work, and have tried multiple guides, BIOS settings, Unibeast method, Vanilla method, minimal method, etc, and no luck.

One of the first problems I ran into was related to the USB ports, which I believe I "solved" using the method found here (USBInjectAll.kext + uia_exclude boot flag): https://davidallmon.com/projects/hack-build-2 I understand that this is a temporary measure, but I don't quite understand how to write a custom injector, and all I know is that this got me further into booting the installer.

I think the installer boot makes it pretty far, but the screen eventually goes black (no HDMI signal), and the computer powers itself down after about 10 minutes. I have the debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1 boot flags set in my config.plist, but this doesn't seem to stop it from this behavior. I'm almost wondering if I have some sort of graphics problem, where it's actually loading the Mojave installer but isn't outputting an HDMI signal after the boot process completes, and shutting down after a few minutes of no input? See
for a video of the boot output.

My EFI partition is attached as a .zip. It has several of the default and recommended .efi and .kexts, but after reading the minimal guide and the David Allmon guide linked above, I've been able to determine that I only need a few to get to the point I'm stuck at; AptioMemoryFix.efi, HFSPlus.efi, and FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext), Lilu.kext, and USBInjectAll.kext. I assume I'll need more at some point, but I've mostly just been adding them in desperation to try to get things to work.

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Please try this EFI and see if you have any luck...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 73
Wow, thanks for the quick response, @pastrychef!

I had to add the uia_exclude boot flag, but this got me to the installer! The installer is running at a weird pixel aspect ratio, so I think this confirms my theory about problems with UHD 630. I've just discovered the framebuffer threads, so maybe that will help me. Now to begin to figure out why your EFI folder runs and mine doesn't!

Attachments

• DF40D117-6D2B-4BAF-AD76-1A4FFB5A1D81.jpeg
    DF40D117-6D2B-4BAF-AD76-1A4FFB5A1D81.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
Wow, thanks for the quick response, @pastrychef!

I had to add the uia_exclude boot flag, but this got me to the installer! The installer is running at a weird pixel aspect ratio, so I think this confirms my theory about problems with UHD 630. I've just discovered the framebuffer threads, so maybe that will help me. Now to begin to figure out why your EFI folder runs and mine doesn't!

The base EFI is from post #4 of my Z390 build thread. What you will need to do is patch the connectors. Please see the following guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back