Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to install el capitan on a seperate hard drive from windows. I created boot flash disk using unibeast with legacy mode. After I select "Boot OS X with flash disk" at clover boot menu, apple loading screen appears for a minute and then motherboard and BIOS restarts and I boot into windows automatically(which is normal). I plugged the flash disk into usb 2.0 port and set nv_disable=1 boot flag(my card is nvidia) but nothing changed. I also disabled my cpu BIOS options(CFG and VT-d) as suggested. Any help is appreciated.

My system spec:

motherboard: MSI X99A Godlike Gaming
cpu: Intel i7-5930k
graphics: Nvidia GTX Titan Black
memory: kingston hyperx fury 32GB DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Disks: Western Digital Black 1TB - Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD(windows)

I see you have a 5th generation i7. I have got a 5th generation i5, which is named Broadwell, and I have the same problem. It shows me the apple logo, for a second there is a kernel panic message at the top of the screen and it reboots. I'm using a Laptop with UEFI.

Did you try booting in verbose mode to see the output?

I tried booting with verbose mode. It printed a page of messages for 2 seconds, before I could read, and rebooted again. I also tried booting UEFI mode installed flash disk but it said:

Error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x... alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache

I tried the steps suggested for resolving "Error loading kernel" error at Big List of Solutions page but none helped. I always get the same error.

1. Checked RtVariables dictionary entry in my config.plist file in order to disable SIP but its values are already the suggested values as follows:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>

2. Tried other usb 2.0 ports with no result.
3. Tried changing G:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi. Also tried renaming HFSPlus.efi to HFSPlus-64.efi.

I guess the problem might be that the usb 2.0 ports are designed for peripherals and this is the reason for allocation problem. Unfortunately motherboard doesn't have any more usb 2.0 ports.

For what you say it's not finishing the load of the kexts, I really have not experience with MSI cards but lets see.

You could try with:
-x -v
-F -v
-x -F -v
-x -F -f -v
-x -F -f -v UseKernelCache=Yes/No

and other flags and combinations you think can be used, but the main Idea is to try to discard the unnecessary ones, so when one configuration works try to erase some of the flags in order to boot with the lowest amount possible.

Also try moving the bios settings and even using only one RAM alternating slots, try with clover in UEFI mode instead of legacy as well.

There's not much to be said if the system is not even finishing the load of the kexts, it could be anything.

This is the first time I am building a hackintosh and I don't know what kext means. Where can I learn more?

I tried the boot options you suggested but now I always get "Couldn't allocate device tree" error. I don't know what you mean by "moving bios settings" and I am using Optimized Defaults for bios settings.

You've chosen a difficult machine to get working first. The X99, 5930k, and Titan Black are all unsupported.

You should probably start by reading some of the X99 threads in this forum.

Since your hardware is not supported I also recommend you to go to the forums for your motherboard, and google everything you don't understand

As a starter kexts is short for kernel extension, that by itself is a good concept of what a driver is.

You've chosen a difficult machine to get working first. The X99, 5930k, and Titan Black are all unsupported.

You should probably start by reading some of the X99 threads in this forum.

I give up as this is too much work for me. I just wanted to use my PC as a mac because it is high end and my mac mini is old. Thanks for all the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back