Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Hello,

I am attempting an installation in Hp Pavilion Gaming 15 10th Gen (specs in profile).

I am using clover after trying several times with OC and gotten nowhere.

I was able to install Catalina into my drive, reinstall boot to usb and boot to HDD, and started the 2nd phase of the installation: everything went well.

Nonetheless, I can't boot to the actual OS.

I am booting from the USB as I did for the installation, also tried copying the EFI folder from the USB to my hard drive, but all end up in ACPI errors.

Is there a difference between reaching the installer and reaching the OS?

Why don't the settings I use to reach the installer are not working to reach Catalina.

Hope you can help me out!

Edit: I attach my clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER (1).zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 33
Hello,

I am attempting an installation in Hp Pavilion Gaming 15 10th Gen (specs in profile).

I am using clover after trying several times with OC and gotten nowhere.

I was able to install Catalina into my drive, reinstall boot to usb and boot to HDD, and started the 2nd phase of the installation: everything went well.

Nonetheless, I can't boot to the actual OS.

I am booting from the USB as I did for the installation, also tried copying the EFI folder from the USB to my hard drive, but all end up in ACPI errors.

Is there a difference between reaching the installer and reaching the OS?

Why don't the settings I use to reach the installer are not working to reach Catalina.

Hope you can help me out!

Edit: I attach my clover folder.
you uploaded your OpenCore folder...?

check the guide in my signature

you uploaded your OpenCore folder...?

check the guide in my signature
Ooops sorry, I uploaded the Clover folder now.

I haven't tried your guide , I tried following dortanias guide but with no sucess always end up in ACPI errors, which are the errors I am getting now with Clover that I didn't get to reach the installer.

I will take a look at your guide, maybe I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back