Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I had the initial "Unable to find DVD Player" error, which I seemed to resolve....until I try loading a commercial DVD that I've purchased. It's a US DVD and works on my other mac. I get the message "The Disc Copy Protection Could Not Be Verified. This Disc is unable to be played." I'm not using a burned or illegally obtained DVD...this is one I bought from the store. Any thoughts on as to why it's doing this? If I rip the disc to a file, it plays fine. It works on the Windows side, so it's not a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance.

What did you do to solve the issue that ML could not find the DVD-player? I have the same issue and I have tried some tricks found on this board but still no result.

I have an ASUS DVD-player connected to an IDE port. I have tried to set it both to AHCI and IDE,, but no effect.

Appreciate the help :thumbup:

A way to get around regional coded DVD's is to change your regional settings to the US.

What did you do to solve the issue that ML could not find the DVD-player? I have the same issue and I have tried some tricks found on this board but still no result.

I have an ASUS DVD-player connected to an IDE port. I have tried to set it both to AHCI and IDE,, but no effect.

Appreciate the help :thumbup:

A way to get around regional coded DVD's is to change your regional settings to the US.

Your DVD player has to be a SATA type drive. IDE isn't compatible with OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back