Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. This is my first build which has been very successful. The components WERE:

gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 2.0 f11
i5 760
evga geforce 9500 gt
600 watt power supply
8 gigs 1600mhz ram
coolermaster cpu cooler (don't know the model, it is sufficient though)

I was able to bump the base clock up to 160mhz and it stayed solid as a rock.

I build another computer for my recording studio that was relatively the same, so I wen't ahead and upgraded this computer to an i7 870 and a gigabyte hd 5770 (the overclocked one). It runs great and has a higher geekbench score even with the cpu NOT overclocked.

My issue is that from what i have researched, the 870 is very overclockable. If i bump the bclock up to 160, it panics on boot (bsod in windows as well). 150, it runs for a while but eventually has problems. I just want a very modest overclock, but cant seem to pull it off even with some tweaking of voltages. a few thoughts are...

the new hardware is putting more stress on the power supply.
maybe I botched the thermal paste job, but I doubt it. The temps look fine when not overclocked.

Having similar problems. I get a Geekbench of 10800 and an Xbench of 270 but whenever I try to overclock either things don't work out or my scores go down 40-50%

Still a mystery

Check out this thread guys: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=16806

My overclock at 4GHZ was benching bad as well, I than duplicated Karacho's settings and I think the bump in CPU voltage was the big part I missed when I did it. After changing to his settings my benches were almost identical to his. Take a look at his settings its posted toward the end of the thread, they worked great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back