Standard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, so some background first. This is my first post as I've been reading almost every thread I can get my hands on. I built my first hackintosh, have it running 10.8.2 stable. My specs are asus sabertooth z77, i5 3570k, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd. Using hd4000 currently. (waiting for taxes to truly "finish" the build.) So its up and running, about the only thing that doesn't want to work is airplay, but airparrot works so I'm happy with that. So here is my issue, I have flashed the bios, deleted the correct ktexts, nullcpu, and appleintel, (dont remember the whole things off the top of my head) but basically all seems perfect. Now the weird thing is no matter what I do to OC it, nothing works. I dont mean it crashes, I mean the actual cpu never overclocks, it still reads 3.4 in bios. The only time it reads any higher is when I do auto overclock and it turns up the bclk to 103.1 and the cpu reads 3.5. These are readings from hwmonitor and intel power gadget, even when using cpu test. I can overclock it in the bios, it just never seems to actually translate to doing what its supposed to do. Is there something dead simple I am missing here? i've never had a issue like this before when attempting to overclock.
Thanks!

Edit: Solved.

Oh please tell me how do you fix that, i've the same issue here with i5 3570k and asus motherboard (p8z77-v lx),

Ill get back to you with full list sunday night when I get home. But basically flash bios, delete ktexts, check syste definitions. Should do it. If you need mpre help message me. On a phome rigght npw without access to my machinebut will help as much as I can from memmory

It would be nice ! (and pardon my english)
I removed intelcpupowermanagement (and cpupowermanagementclient) (and I don't have NullCPU.kext) and sleep works just fine now.
I made my install with Unibeast 1.7 and Multibeast 5.2.1 for Mountain Lion for my network & sound drivers, then used DSDT Editor, extract my own DSDT, patched it with RTC and Asus Shutdown.txt, used this new DSDT with Multibeast in User-DSDT mode, checked MacPro5,1 system definition and now I boot with PCIRootUID=1 for my nVidia GTX 660 Ti.

Overclock with BLCK works, but Turbo Ratio still don't work. I flashed for the last Bios but nothing changed, so I restored the previous version for some reasons, I will try with the latest Bios again, who knows...

And thanks for your help !

It would be nice ! (and pardon my english)
I removed intelcpupowermanagement (and cpupowermanagementclient) (and I don't have NullCPU.kext) and sleep works just fine now.
I made my install with Unibeast 1.7 and Multibeast 5.2.1 for Mountain Lion for my network & sound drivers, then used DSDT Editor, extract my own DSDT, patched it with RTC and Asus Shutdown.txt, used this new DSDT with Multibeast in User-DSDT mode, checked MacPro5,1 system definition and now I boot with PCIRootUID=1 for my nVidia GTX 660 Ti.

Overclock with BLCK works, but Turbo Ratio still don't work. I flashed for the last Bios but nothing changed, so I restored the previous version for some reasons, I will try with the latest Bios again, who knows...

And thanks for your help !

I think you need to set it to macpro 3.1 in order for it to work correctly.

It was my first attempt. I also tried MacMini 6,1 iMac 12,2 (with a modification in platform family kext) and iMac 13,1. Still don't apply :/

How did you get your overclock working. This is the last part of my build still not currently up to par.

Im runnin:
i7 3770k
sabertoothx77

BIOS doesn't seem to be pushing my overclock in.

What was your solution?

What was your solution?
They are not using the correct system definition. imac 12,1 should work with overclocking. Macpro with sabertooth motherboard might not work. also airplay mirroring will work under this definition with igpu set as main display set in you bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back