Contribute
Register

Can't operate without safe mode, very unresponsive and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows
CPU
Intel i3 - 2120
Graphics
Nvidia gtx 560 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Subject says it all. If I boot without -x, then the computer is extremely slow, sluggish and unresponsive. Please help!

listing-1.jpg

Graphics Card: PowerColor Go! Green AX5450 512MK3-SH Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video

Attachments

• listing.jpg
    listing.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 147
It's obviously some sort of extension/driver that is loaded that safe mode disables. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

So I have tested several things, and I want to know if anyone can help me.

The computer runs really smooth in safe mode (-x), but even if I use the Mountain Lion USB as the boot drive in the BIOS, then boot from the Hard Disk at the Chimera screen, it's still extremely sluggish (a lot of beach balling, takes 5 minutes for the machine to register a mouse click).

I used EasyBeast from the correct multibeast install; didn't help.
I used my user edited DSDT; didn't help.
I used no DSDT; didn't help.

No matter what, if I don't boot from safe mode then it's extremely unresponsive...

I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong to make the computer operate so very slow unless I safe boot. Everything else seems to be in order but this.

This is the 3rd hackintosh I have made so far, and I have never run into this before. Is there a typical thing that is loaded, when not in safe mode, that can be the culprit here? Please help!

No one knows? I've put about 30 hours combined into this problem alone, still no results. I feel like the answer is something really simple too.

I searched the forums here on tonymacx86 too, and I never could find a solution from other similar posts...

Did you get your system working smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back