Graphics
ATI 4850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now I've updated to 10.8.2 I deleted the OEMSMBIOS file to get it to boot but now System preferences freezes whenever I click on it. I have to force close it. Has anybody else seen this before as a google search proved fruitless. Not sure how to diagnose issues like this, I'm used to it just working, assuming it boots correctly! Also restarting does work but takes about 5 minutes since update though start up is really quick...:problem: Can live with that but do need working system preferences. I have installed the fake smc option in multi beast but not any of the plugins.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Robin

Have you tried to open System/Library/PreferencePanes/... directly. See if some of panes crash. See also Library/PreferencePanes/... there are possibly also some panes that do not work.

If you find the pane that does not work go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the respective plist from there. Then try to open the buggy pane again.

I am having the same problem after upgrading to 10.8.2
I tried to open individual preferences like coresme2 suggested, but none of them come up as they launch the sytem preferences app and it just hangs.

Can someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back