Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AFOX IH81-MA5
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi guys!

Recently I tried to make a Hackintosh with an old hardware I have...

AFox IH81-MA5
i5 4460
10GB (8+2) RAM DDR3
Sata SSD 120GB
No dedicated GPU (using integrated HD 4600)

It's almost everything working fine, but audio I can't make it to work.

The first trouble is HDMI. My idea is to use an KVM Switch with this hackintosh and my primary computer, so audio through HDMI is very important... Can't make it to work. The other audio output and input ports (frontal panel and motherboard's attached) only works with VoodooHDA kext.

I've checked and found my audio chip is an Realtek ALC662. On AppleALC's Github page I've found the list of compatible codec IDs for this chip. Tried all (from 5 to 66) and no one works. The only way I can have audio through MB ports and frontal panel is using VoodooHDA instead AppleALC.

So, my challenge is:
- Make MB ports and fpanel ports work with AppleHDA
- Make audio via HDMI work

Can someone help me with this? I'm stuck with those problem from a couple days and can't fix that.

Thank you!

Try to switch to AppleALC and use it with alcid=11 as boot-arg. This should activate MB audio ports.

For HDMI Audio follow.this guide:

Hi @nei-k!

Thank you for your reply!

I will try the guide you sent for HDMI audio.

For MB ports, I've already tried all IDs available on AppleALC's Github page (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs). Layout IDs 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 66, but no one has worked for me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if other method I tried (like VoodooHDA) has "corrupted" my OS, blocking AppleALC to work.

This night I will try to completely reinstall macOS Catalina for trying all from scratch on a clean install. And will try again all IDs rsrs.

After that, I will post here the results.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back