Contribute
Register

Can't log into mountain lion 10.8.2 from ssd drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
WINDOWS-8/ML-10.8.2
CPU
3770k/GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Graphics
intelhd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I can only log in from the thumb drive, but when I try and remove the thumbdrive I get a blurred screen. I also have windows 8 on this machine and want to be able to log into both. I made some changes in the bios to the boot option I don't know if maybe that screwed things up, but I set windows boot manager as option 1 and UEFI ssd with mountain lion as option 2. When I initially installed mountain UEFI ssd with monutain lion was initially boot option 1, but I'm currently working in windows till I get settled in mountain lion, so Iswitched back to windows boot manager. Also what exactly is windows boot manager and what exactly is UEFI?:confused:

I can only log in from the thumb drive, but when I try and remove the thumbdrive I get a blurred screen. I also have windows 8 on this machine and want to be able to log into both. I made some changes in the bios to the boot option I don't know if maybe that screwed things up, but I set windows boot manager as option 1 and UEFI ssd with mountain lion as option 2. When I initially installed mountain UEFI ssd with monutain lion was initially boot option 1, but I'm currently working in windows till I get settled in mountain lion, so Iswitched back to windows boot manager. Also what exactly is windows boot manager and what exactly is UEFI?:confused:

If you can only login using the thumb drive then you need to download and use multibeast. Be sure to select the Chameleon boot loader. If you already did that, but then install WIN7, then you may need to run multibeast again but just install Chameleon. Win7 install highjacks the bootloaded process somehow, reinstalling will fix that.

After that if you are like me then Chameleon won't load WIN7, just OSX. Anyway I am currently stuck switching between OSX boot drive and Win Boot Manager in the BIOS. Not terrible, but not idea either. Hope that helps.

Yeah man thanks for the tip, I believe you helped me with my wifi adapter question in another post as well. I was just curious as to what you can recommend so I can get my wifi up and running. I want start setting up mountain lion and eventually download logic studio and final cut pro. Thanks!

Also why doesn't the hard drive show up when I log in to mountain lion. All I see is my windows drive and 1tb backup drive. Isn't the hard drive usually located in the upper right corner?

Yeah man thanks for the tip, I believe you helped me with my wifi adapter question in another post as well. I was just curious as to what you can recommend so I can get my wifi up and running. I want start setting up mountain lion and eventually download logic studio and final cut pro. Thanks!

You might like to know I just fixed my dual boot problem, now Chameleon menu boots both OS's. See here FIX DUAL BOOT "BOOTMGR MISSING" .

As for the wifi, I will post back if I make any headway.

Also why doesn't the hard drive show up when I log in to mountain lion. All I see is my windows drive and 1tb backup drive. Isn't the hard drive usually located in the upper right corner?

I actually think Mountain Lion does not show that drive anymore..If you had previously upgraded from an older OSX then I think the drives stay. I noticed that too, its no not there for a fresh install. You can of course navigate to the drive using the finder and make a Alias for your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back