Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 670 sli
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cant Load windows 8 Consumer Preview on Chimera

i got 1 SSD with ML installed and 1 regular HDD with windows 8 CP on it. but everytime i choose windows8 on chimera i get an error. anybody got a fix for this? tnx.

At boot menu chose "System Reserved" not "Windows"

thanks for the reply. i ony got 2 options in chimera. no system reserve. i attached the error once i choose windows 8.

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpg
    IMG_5030.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 183
I think you need configurate ACHI in Windows 8 - (With Regedit) Search in Google

configured ACHI in Windows 8 via Regedit and still doest work but now getting KP on osx. i might need to skip this till full version of windows 8 goes on sale. the bad thing now i cant install ML. getting installer error. hope i can fix it tonight.

Assuming your target boot device in BIOS is your SSD with ML, boot into Chimera, then from Chimera select your Win8 CP installation usb drive (or disc). This will make Windows install the Microsoft boot manager onto the SSD (thus overwriting Chimera), linking to Windows on your second HD. Once the Windows 8 installation is complete (1 or more reboots), then boot with your UniBeast usb drive to get back into OS X. Re-install Chimera, and next time you boot up you should be able to select and launch all bootable partitions. Chimera is really nice, it's easy to skin, and you can can hide and rename partitions so the selection menu is uncluttered. I have it launching Win7, Win8 CP, and ML without problems.

BTW, I don't think AHCI has anything to do with this because you would not have been able to install OS X if the controller setting in BIOS was set to IDE. Windows (Vista onward) will automatically detect this on setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back