Contribute
Register

can't install Yosemite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.
Updated bios to newest version. Got bios correct as I can. Tried every flag possible. :( best I get is 1/6 of the loading bar on the initial Apple logo screen. Freezes til computer sleeps. I wake it up. Black screen. Have to restart. Umm. Removed the file from the extra folder on the usb. Tried so much junk lol ;( I need an expert. I can make a YouTube video of stuff if I have to idk

Finally got it installed somehow. I waited forever. Left room. Idk what happened. But now booting back up to start Yosemite ip and do multi east. Hangs at like 40% loading bar. Been there like 20 mins. Have faith and wait? Or can u even do boot flags for this stuff or what?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 82
Try to boot to your freshly installed (it successfully installed, right?) Yosemite partition from your UniBeast installer, using the flags "-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No" and see what error comes up.

From the picture on the previous post, it looks like a graphics problem. I had this same error once before, and I believe I fixed it by messing with GraphicsEnabler and IGPEnabler.

EDIT: Also, make sure VT-d (Intel Virtualization Support) is ​disabled in your BIOS settings if it's in there.

Good luck! :thumbup:

It's disabled. Also I thought graphics enabler is no by default. I did the boot flags you said regardless. And yes. Once I finally got into the install it went flawlessly. Waiting for this to finish and will send pic. Seems to be exact same I think

Don't have either. But I got it installed without having those. I got vga. Gonna try those flags now

Don't bother, VGA doesn't work thats been your problem all along. You need a digital connection to the monitor.

Also please add your build to your profile as required by the rules. Makes it easier for people to help you, as they don't have to trawl back thru posts to see this info.

Have you ever managed to install it fully or has it always stopped halfway thru the install? AFAICS you've always had it stop, most likely as its trying to update the graphics.

:lol: Dude you have to use a digital connection if you want any sort of quality graphics. What connections are on your graphics card? If you need to get a new one check out the Buyer's Guide or I can recommend you the one I'm using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back