Contribute
Register

Cant install Lion from usb with Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OneMoreTime
The Lnx2Mac driver is only loaded if you select it in Multibeast. It is never loaded by Unibeast, because not everybody has Realtek chipset.

You can use the Realtek (AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext) driver in place of the Lnx2Mac (RealtekRTL81xx.kext), if you do in fact have a Realteck chipset. Just remember to delete any old Ethernet drivers before you replace them with new ones.

titsmgee said:
@OneMoreTime
The Lnx2Mac driver is only loaded if you select it in Multibeast. It is never loaded by Unibeast, because not everybody has Realtek chipset.

I appreciate your help.

UniBeast hangs at the following point:

com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 50:e5:49:3a:5f:f0

I cannot get to Multibeast until UniBeast completes.

I am not sure where to go from here. It is a very simple set-up:

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Memory
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9W (Only 1 DIMM installed)

Drive Cage
ICY DOCK MB455SPF-B 5 in 3 SATA I, II & III Hot-Swap Internal Backplane Raid Cage Module

CD/DVD Burner
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7261S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM

Thanks.

Hi!

GA-Z68XP-UD4-B3 - i7 2600k - onboard gfx using the hdmi to dvi adapter.

I experience the same issue using Unibeast+Lion (from app store) as per tonymac tutorial - used the bios settings from iboot-multibeast..

maybe there are specific settings for this motherboard? thanks

EDIT: -v GraphicEnabler=No did not help

EDIT2: but GraphicsEnabler=No did help! It's installing - thank you!!!

You need to have a graphics card to install using Unibeast. "Graphics Enabler=No" did work with someone on this forum but I am quite sure that it will not work for the rest 99% of us. All those having install issues, get the graphics card installed and try. It worked for me!

karacho said:
OneMoreTime said:
Is there a way NOT to load the lnx2mac driver in UniBeast?
Disable OnBoard Ethernet in Bios temporarily, perhaps it'll help
It appears that "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" allowed me to progress.

I am still exploring the proper MultiBeast configuration to get both the DisplayPort and HDMI working on HD3000 at full resolutions. (So many posts to review...)

Thanks.

I was stuck with a problem all damn day - then a random Google search turned up a tidbit. DON'T USE USB 3.0 SLOT WITH UNIBEAST.

I have torn out what's left of my hair. However it now seems to be working.

nastynes said:
You need to have a graphics card to install using Unibeast. "Graphics Enabler=No" did work with someone on this forum but I am quite sure that it will not work for the rest 99% of us. All those having install issues, get the graphics card installed and try. It worked for me!

GraphicsEnabler did not work for me. But installing a graphics card did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back