Contribute
Register

Can't install : Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming - i7 7700K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Adrien87,

I've got the same motherboard and processor and my install stuck on the logo, too. It was the USB configuration that stopped it. This is what made my system work from the BIOS:
  • Loaded the Optimised Defaults
  • Made sure the EZ OC mode is set to Normal mode
  • Set the Chipset VT-d to disabled
  • Set MIT Advanced Memory Settings - Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) to Profile 1
  • Set it to use the onboard graphics, rather than any PCIe card
  • IMPORTANT: change XHCI hand-off to enabled in the USB configuration. This was stopping the install dead
Hope that helps
Kaleel

i managed to get past this error but now got a new error where it hangs on
" busy timeout[x], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'ApplieACPICPU' "
Move FakeSMC.kext and all other kexts from “EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12" folder to "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other".

Hi Adrien87,

I've got the same motherboard and processor and my install stuck on the logo, too. It was the USB configuration that stopped it. This is what made my system work from the BIOS:
  • Loaded the Optimised Defaults
  • Made sure the EZ OC mode is set to Normal mode
  • Set the Chipset VT-d to disabled
  • Set MIT Advanced Memory Settings - Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) to Profile 1
  • Set it to use the onboard graphics, rather than any PCIe card
  • IMPORTANT: change XHCI hand-off to enabled in the USB configuration. This was stopping the install dead
Hope that helps
Kaleel

I'm also stuck on the Apple logo upon initial handoff to USB installer. I have a very similar setup. I have combed the forums for advice with no luck. One piece I have not been able to confirm is does one need the 10.12.6 installer? The latest installer I have is 10.12.4 which is not Kaby Lake compatible. I updated the FakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 in the config.pllist on the USB but that didn't work.

Z170X Gaming 3 with updated bios
i7 7700K
iGPU for now

Thanks

@Justcurious1, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@Justcurious1, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
Sorry, I thought my primary profile was there? Do I need more than what is on the left?
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
CPU: i7 4790K
Graphics: R9 280X

The box I'm trying to build WILL be my system if successful. Should I add this to the secondary builds?

The box I'm trying to build WILL be my system if successful. Should I add this to the secondary builds?
As I don't see why you shouldn't succeed the Z170X Gaming 3 build, I would change your profile (personal details) with that build.

As I don't see why you shouldn't succeed the Z170X Gaming 3 build, I would change your profile (personal details) with that build.
Am I ship shape now?

UPDATE: The installation problem was solved by using a 10.12.5 installer. I was using a 10.12.4 installer. Then I got a "This computer is not supported by this Operating System" error. I figured that was due to not putting in FakeCPUID=0x0506E3 into the config.plist for the 10.12.5 install. Instead of mucking about with Clover config I just updated the os to 10.12.6 and everything is working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back