Contribute
Register

Can't Install. Get "Can't Install on this Computer" (Update 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
I7-930
Graphics
ATI HD5770
Hi, roozi.roke and all,

I have this same board. Hoping you'll be willing to help me. I can get Snow Leopard up just fine stable everything.

I can download both Lion and El Capitan. From both, I can create a successful UnibBeast Install drive.

However, when I run off the drive to install, both are unsuccessful.

For Mountain Lion - Install Failed. OS X could not be installed on your computer. (Yellow triangle half way through install)
For El Capitan - Get an error about Kernel does not match. (Can't even get to language selection screen)

I've been struggling for a couple days now trying to get out of 10.6.8 world.

Help please anyone.

~Eric

** Update **

the kernel match issue is because it needs to use the boot loader from the flashdrive (hitting F12 solves).

i am able to get to the install of El capitan. get to the select your language screen and begin the install. screen goes black, white apple logo displays, and progress bar begins loading.

then infinite boot loop!

the 2 screens below are 90 mins apart. error message as "process crashed. too many corpses being created".

this is fresh install into blank sandisk ssd.

thank you.

Attachments

• 20171216_1236.jpg
    20171216_1236.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20171216_1102.jpg
    20171216_1102.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 116
the kernel match issue is because it needs to use the boot loader from the flashdrive (hitting F12 solves).
You need to use the bootloader on the flash drive period until you can boot into the installed OS. After installation starts and after first reboot you need to press F12 again. Is the installation target GPT?

Happy Holidays everyone.

**Update**
1. Kernel match - iboot 3.3.0 = Snow Leopard; unibeast installer (f12) for El Capitan
2. Don't use Master Boot. Use GPT in both the flashdrive and the hd (SSD in my case). Use Disk Utility, partition, format.
3. I had no sound. DL the DSDT from the database and deposit it the /Extra folder (will be an .aml file). Reboot.
4. Fix permissions. Is not in Disk Utility or newer Multibeast. Will try this. https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html.

Have El Capitan on my SSD running now but 2 problems.

1. Random Crashes then auto-reboot. Sometimes it's 5 mins, sometimes it's 45. And usually under load. I am currently running Memtest86 now. 54 mins and 1 pass so far. No errors. Doesn't seem like memory is the issue. I'll run it another hour or so.

Upon reboot, there is no "Your computer restarted because of a problem..." message. Just goes right back to whatever it was doing (downloading file, webpages up, ect...).

What's causing this panic?

2. Shutdown. Doesn't work. OSX is shut down, but computer does not shut down. Fans run. Lights on.

Any help with the 2 issues would be helpful.

Thanks.

~Eric

Have El Capitan on my SSD running now but 2 problems.

1. Random Crashes then auto-reboot.

2. Shutdown. Doesn't work. OSX is shut down, but computer does not shut down. Fans run. Lights on.

Forgot a third problem I noticed.

3. New Clover doesn't recognize my Windows 10 HDD. Old Clover from Snow Leopard saw both the Win10 and OSX drives and I could select manually if i wanted. New Clover doesn't even display. Someone said it was a setting inside the EFI partition and my config.plist file.

I looked this afternoon but I didn't know where or what I needed to change.

~EV

Last update for tonight...

Random shutdown issue;
> Not ram. memtest86 ran for 2.5 hours no errors.
> Kinda want to think it was the video card, but using Multibeast > Customization > select Inject ATI > Build. I then rebuild cache with: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / (not sure if this rebuilds permission too)
> So, rebuild permissions with "Maintenance" by Titanium Software

Able to trigger crash by;
> Running First Aid in Disk Utility on the SSD
> Crashes every time!!
> Now I'm thinking it has something to do with the SSD?

How do I troubleshoot from here? Is there a log and how do I find it?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back