Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD520
Hi,
I tried to patch my DSDT for brightness control, and it worked.
I saw it's a good idea to try and implement IGPU power management with "rename GFX0 to IGPU".
After using that patch, I get a no entry screen on boot.
I also used the Remove _DSM patch.
What can I do?
Thanks!

Hi,
I tried to patch my DSDT for brightness control, and it worked.
I saw it's a good idea to try and implement IGPU power management with "rename GFX0 to IGPU".
After using that patch, I get a no entry screen on boot.
I also used the Remove _DSM patch.
What can I do?
Thanks!

Make sure you applied the rename across DSDT and any SSDT that references it.

See guide for details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Don't forget about DropOem and SortedOrder.

I've patched them, but what are DropOem and SortedOrder? Thanks for the fast reply

Your question is answered in the guide. Read it carefully... use "Find in page".

Your question is answered in the guide. Read it carefully... use "Find in page".
I activated DropOem and SortedOrder is the deafult from your config.plist. I still get the no entry screen

I activated DropOem and SortedOrder is the deafult from your config.plist. I still get the no entry screen

Let's see what you're actually doing.

Restart into Clover, press F4 and Fn+F4. Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

Let's see what you're actually doing.

Restart into Clover, press F4 and Fn+F4. Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.
Can't get a better photo, don't know why it's written so unclearly...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 79
So.. look that u work with actual generated ssdt and dsdt files.. created over F4 in clover's boot menu.
Look at file sizes to find duplicates use to decompile refs.txt. (this is IMPORTANT.. ) you don't boot up and see this error waiting for root device.

Manage ur USB controller right by creating a usb ssdt. (manually)

set in clover all dsdt and ssdt files under SortedOrder. (SSDT AND DSDT FROM PATCHED FOLDER, Tick DropOem .

Look which SMBIOS you are using. the new MacBooks smbios don't work for me, I use this smbios: MacBookPro11,1

So.. look that u work with actual generated ssdt and dsdt files.. created over F4 in clover's boot menu.
Look at file sizes to find duplicates use to decompile refs.txt. (this is IMPORTANT.. ) you don't boot up and see this error waiting for root device.

Manage ur USB controller right by creating a usb ssdt. (manually)

set in clover all dsdt and ssdt files under SortedOrder. (SSDT AND DSDT FROM PATCHED FOLDER, Tick DropOem .

Look which SMBIOS you are using. the new MacBooks smbios don't work for me, I use this smbios: MacBookPro11,1
Every file size is different, so there are no duplicates.
How can I create a USB SSDT?
Everything is already in SortedOrder and DropOem is checked, you can see it yourself in my config.plist.
Everything worked fine after I patched with Brightness Fix and Remove_DSM, but after this patch I started to have problems.
I also used my friend's DSDT+SSDT just to test it and everything worked fine (he has exactly the same laptop as mine, and he already used IGPU, brightness fix, battery, audio and some more patches).

Can't get a better photo, don't know why it's written so unclearly...

Your files are not patched correctly. You have duplicate symbols, which is easy to see if you try to disassemble your ACPI/patched content with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml'. You will see the error is because of a duplicate PNLF symbol. If iasl -da -dl cannot disassemble your files, Apple's ACPIPlatform will also have difficulty loading it.

For some reason you have applied "Brightness Fix" to DSDT.aml *and every SSDT*. That, of course, is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back