Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The Lion install went great, minus a few hiccups for ethernet and audio but I got those sorted out.

Now that I have everything working pretty smoothly, I'd like to keep the "Installer" partition but hide it in Chameleon.

I have two other partitions hidden in Chameleon, one on the same drive as my OSX and Installer partition, and one on another. I've changed the order in the list and removed the other ones to ensure they come back but no matter what I can't get rid of the "Installer" partition.

Note: I know that the Chameleon drive order is specific to itself. In Chameleon, if I hit tab, it says hd(0,4)=Installer. This maps up to disk 1 listed in diskutil.

My com.apple.Boot.plist is:
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2) hd(0,4) hd(1,2)</string>

0,2 is a backup NTFS and is hidden fine. 1,2 is my Windows 7 NFTS partition (it boots from System reserved = 1,1).

I'm 100% positive 0,4 is the Installer partition, verified in Chameleon itself. I've even tried 1,4 just to be sure but that definitely didn't work.

So my question is, why can't I hide the "Installer" partition?

RichardD012 said:
The Lion install went great, minus a few hiccups for ethernet and audio but I got those sorted out.

Now that I have everything working pretty smoothly, I'd like to keep the "Installer" partition but hide it in Chameleon.

I have two other partitions hidden in Chameleon, one on the same drive as my OSX and Installer partition, and one on another. I've changed the order in the list and removed the other ones to ensure they come back but no matter what I can't get rid of the "Installer" partition.

Note: I know that the Chameleon drive order is specific to itself. In Chameleon, if I hit tab, it says hd(0,4)=Installer. This maps up to disk 1 listed in diskutil.

My com.apple.Boot.plist is:
<string>hd(0,2) hd(0,4) hd(1,2)</string>

0,2 is a backup NTFS and is hidden fine. 1,2 is my Windows 7 NFTS partition (it boots from System reserved = 1,1).

I'm 100% positive 0,4 is the Installer partition, verified in Chameleon itself. I've even tried 1,4 just to be sure but that definitely didn't work.

So my question is, why can't I hide the "Installer" partition?

Try this:
<string>hd(0,2) hd(1,2) "Installer"</string>

Make sure "Installer" is same caps/lower case as original partition name.

I tried that and it works for all of them...except for the "Installer" partition.....

Something is up with that partition and Chameleon won't hide it.

Edit: It seems to be that Chameleon won't hide an Apple_HFS partition on the same drive as OSX. The other partition on my drive is marked as a "Microsoft Basic Data" and it's hidden fine.

RichardD012 said:
I tried that and it works for all of them...except for the "Installer" partition.....

Something is up with that partition and Chameleon won't hide it.

Edit: It seems to be that Chameleon won't hide an Apple_HFS partition on the same drive as OSX. The other partition on my drive is marked as a "Microsoft Basic Data" and it's hidden fine.
Do you really need to keep it? Why not make an image of it and burn the image to a cd/dvd or just clone it to a USB stick and then delete the partition?

Because I'm stupid and didn't even think of that ;-)

That's a much better idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back