Contribute
Register

Can't get XFX 5770 HD to work (Mountain Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, I am building a CustoMac for a friend, he bought a
>i7-3770k
>GA-Z77-DS3H
>XFX 5770 HD

I couldn't install it with the graphic card, so I removed it and performed the whole installation and MultiBeast process using the integrated HD4000. I got the boot0 error and fixed it using the official guide. So then I plugged the graphics card back, but the boot process gets stuck in the apple logo and the spinning wheel. This happens on both with the DVI port (adapted to VGA) and HDMI port. I'm not quite sure what they do, buy I tried booting with both AtiConfig=Vervet and AtiConfig=Baboon and the same happens. I just tried a verbose boot and the last thing that is written on screen before hanging is:
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication 103 Exit timeout elapsed (20 seconds). Killing

If I disable the Graphic Card and go back to HD4000 everything works. The card does work perfectly under Windows.

Should this card work out of the box? Do I need kexts? I do not know a lot about graphic cards since I don't use them myself, since HD3000 I always recommend the integrated graphics.

Thank you very much!

Hi, I am building a CustoMac for a friend, he bought a
>i7-3770k
>GA-Z77-DS3H
>XFX 5770 HD

I couldn't install it with the graphic card, so I removed it and performed the whole installation and MultiBeast process using the integrated HD4000. I got the boot0 error and fixed it using the official guide. So then I plugged the graphics card back, but the boot process gets stuck in the apple logo and the spinning wheel. This happens on both with the DVI port (adapted to VGA) and HDMI port. I'm not quite sure what they do, buy I tried booting with both AtiConfig=Vervet and AtiConfig=Baboon and the same happens. I just tried a verbose boot and the last thing that is written on screen before hanging is:
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication 103 Exit timeout elapsed (20 seconds). Killing

If I disable the Graphic Card and go back to HD4000 everything works. The card does work perfectly under Windows.

Should this card work out of the box? Do I need kexts? I do not know a lot about graphic cards since I don't use them myself, since HD3000 I always recommend the integrated graphics.

Thank you very much!

The XFX HD5770 compatibility has been broken since SL 10.6.8 update. not all the models but most of them. also. the other models that actually work post 10.6.8 still have glitches such as flickering screen, not supporting 2 or 3 monitors and they are also freezing the whole system ending up in a grey lined screen.
Take a look at your friends model and let me know about it.
I've got a HD577A-ZNFC VE.4. i've done a lot of tries so far. everything i could at level of my knowledge i could get it to work on 10.6.8 by flashing the Vbios but i couldn't go so far away from this because it always ends up with flickering screen and system freezing under Lion/mountain lion.

I still wish i could run Mountain Lion on it. but in the other hand i'm glad i can at least run SL 10.6.8 without any problem now.

cheers.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2012-10-20 às 05.33.24.jpg
    Captura de tela 2012-10-20 às 05.33.24.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 416
Thank you very much for you answer! I guess I will have to stick with Snow Leopard 10.6.7, but is that version compatible with an Ivy Bridge processor and motherboard?

Thank you very much for you answer! I guess I will have to stick with Snow Leopard 10.6.7, but is that version compatible with an Ivy Bridge processor and motherboard?

unfortunately not. you may have some luck using a custom kernel.

@edit

I just figure out the fix for this card! be aware it's not a conservative fix at all and you'll only have something on your screen once you get on the system it's self...
it's working phenomenally great for me. let pc on 5 days straight and no more flickering screen no system freezing. everything just works under Mountain Lion and Snow leopard 10.6.8 / 10.8.2

just PM me if you want the solution.

unfortunately not. you may have some luck using a custom kernel.

@edit

I just figure out the fix for this card! be aware it's not a conservative fix at all and you'll only have something on your screen once you get on the system it's self...
it's working phenomenally great for me. let pc on 5 days straight and no more flickering screen no system freezing. everything just works under Mountain Lion and Snow leopard 10.6.8 / 10.8.2

just PM me if you want the solution.

Hello good sir,
I have two XFX HD 5770`s (HD-577A-ZNFC VE.5) and I cannot get them to work under any mac OS. I tried flashing the bios using the ati winflash utility and a custom bios from techpowerup.com with no luck. How did you get yours up and running and what flash utility did you use?
Thank you

Hello good sir,
I have two XFX HD 5770`s (HD-577A-ZNFC VE.5) and I cannot get them to work under any mac OS. I tried flashing the bios using the ati winflash utility and a custom bios from techpowerup.com with no luck. How did you get yours up and running and what flash utility did you use?
Thank you

Alright this may or may not hep you out. Don't rush to report good results let it running two days straight away before you start commemorating after that come back and tell us how thing turned out.

you can flesh in many ways. on windows or a bootable usb stick around dos. i recommend you to use dos.

Attachments

• stable.rom.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 109
Thank you kind sir,
I have not tried the rom yet, working on another project with a lenovo yoga 13 convertible.
I will keep you posted on my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back