RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an AMD 6900XT, macOS 12.0.1 final, and a freesync display connected to Display port on the 6900XT and yes freesync is enabled, yet the variable option does not appear in display settings.

I've heard many real mac users using externald isplays get it no problem if they enable freesync. Is it because apple hasn't enabled feature on 6900XT? is it because you need a specific SMBIOS (mine is iMac19,1 since it's a coffee lake build).

I'm hoping someone out there had some success in figuring out what the hidden requirements are. I can definitely tell you that 6900XT supports the spec, considering it's a april 2021 revision of card and display definitely has freesync enabled. it's an MSI MAG271C

I should have probably put this in graphics actually, if mods want to move it over, then it'll reach appropriate audience and not get buried in clover setup install issues for Monterey :D

I should have probably put this in graphics actually, if mods want to move it over, then it'll reach appropriate audience and not get buried in clover setup install issues for Monterey :D
have moved to Graphics section for you

I also don't get the "variable" refresh rate option on 12.0.1 :(
Monitor: Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27 (QHD, FreeSync, 165Hz, DP 1.4)
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 8GB (connected to DP)
SystemProductName: iMac20,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back