Contribute
Register

Cant get Tp-Link TL-WN881ND to connect to protected networks oh Hackintosh side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got everything to work with the kext and kextbeast.

Now if the world was just as helpful as everyone on these forums, we'd have a better place. Thanks everyone

I am using the same card, recognized as Airport Extreme under osx 10,9. But clicking on the WIFI icon make my computer freeze and i'm forced to hard reset it... looking for a solution every day....

Yes I did, do you encounter any issue with you core i5 using this card ?

This combination of components seems to cause instant freeze for a lot of people

Hmm.. I'm running 10.8.5 and had no issues for the kext install using kext beast.. Only time I had issues with my System shutting Down was when I was using a non haswell supported PSU.

Maybe try to do a fresh install again?

I have the same WIFI card, I can see the available networks but does not connect me an error message and the option to run diagnostics appears
I have also installed Mavericks

I have the same wifi card and it works fine with some networks (e.g. iPhone personal hotspot) but with other routers it says "no internet connection". Do you guys have any idea why is this happening? I installed all the recommended kexts, etc.. and I double-checked the router settings and all seems to be fine. Thanks!

I have installed it with KextBeast and works just fine.

Put this kext on the Desktop
Run KextBeast
Be patient, it will take some time to install.
Then (I think) rebooted the machine.

It recognised my wifi and was able to connect to protected networks too.

Can someone please repost the kext? The link is not working and I can't find it anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back