Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cant get to Maveriks instal screen on z68

Hi,

Ive made a uniBeast install usb and it boots up fine. However i cant seem to get to the install screen . Tried all the boot flags , nothing seems to work . Bios is UEFI and the hdd mode is set to AHCI

My specs
Asrock z68 ext3 gen3
Nvidia 460
16gb ram

I was able to install Lion on it without any problems( http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...00k-asrock-z68-extreme3-gen-3-8gb-gtx460.html )

Any suggestions?

Update !

Turns out i was using a really old uefi bios(1.20) :((.
Updated it to 2.30 and the install started working but my monitor would turn off .
Had to use the flags
GraphicsEnabled=Yes
Mode=1280x800x32 (this is the highest value you will see if you open " video info " from the boot dropdown menu )

Same problem here

HW build:
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 8GB (2x 4Gb)
Intel SSD 320 - 120Gb
WD Black 1TB
WD Green 2TB
[COLOR=#EEE !important]fi → cs
je ti ! )

[/COLOR]​

ML install no problem

- - - Updated - - -

Same problem here

HW build:
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 8GB (2x 4Gb)
Intel SSD 320 - 120Gb
WD Black 1TB
WD Green 2TB

Try

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

This worked for me after I was also unable to get to the installer screen

Thanks for the answer Jose, ive already tried all the normal stuff ( ALL the boot flags in different combinations ) and i am unable to get it started. Didnt have any issue installing Lion.

This is going to sound wierd... but give it a try. That mb has IGP on it.... right?

Take out your video card and try the install without the video card.

If it succeeds, then manually add the GraphicsEnabler=yes string into the boot.plist after the install succeeds, shutdown, reinsert the video card and give it a good kick before restarting it.

Worked for me when I was using a GTX480 card on a mb that had IGP on it.

Hmm. I have the same problem. I can't get the installer to finish loading. The apple logo with the gear turning starts and then freezes. This is a screen shot of where it locks up. I've tried multiple flash drives and different usb ports to no avail.

Ga Z87X-UD4h
i7-4770k
16 gb Corsair Vengeance
Samsung 840 evo ssd

no video card

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    730.7 KB · Views: 141
This is going to sound wierd... but give it a try. That mb has IGP on it.... right?

Take out your video card and try the install without the video card.

If it succeeds, then manually add the GraphicsEnabler=yes string into the boot.plist after the install succeeds, shutdown, reinsert the video card and give it a good kick before restarting it.

Worked for me when I was using a GTX480 card on a mb that had IGP on it.

Thanks for the advice. I did try to install it using the On-board graphics card (same issue, didn't load ),however i did not take out my gtx460, i just changed the Boot option from PCI to On-board Graphics. Il give it a shot over the weekend and see if it works

Whenever you have a problem getting to the installer, it means you need to find the correct combination of your boot flags and their values. The flags are:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000

In my case, the first two values were recommended by Tony and you got to keep them the same, while the third one I found in the settings of my existing and working Mountain Lion. I put it instead of npci=0x3000 and only then I was able to get to the installer screen. So, open the org.chameleon.boot.plist in your working Mountain Lion or Lion installation and check what makes your boot happy.

Update !

Turns out i was using a really old uefi bios(1.20) :((.
Updated it to 2.30 and the install started working but my monitor would turn off .
Had to use the flags
GraphicsEnabled=Yes
Mode=1280x800x32 (this is the highest value you will see if you open " video info " from the boot dropdown menu )

Hope this helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back