Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Computer X99A GAMING PRO CARBON ATX
CPU
Intel Boxed Core i7-6850K Processor
Graphics
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
So, I'm a fairly advanced user, have dealt with BIOS before, etc. but this stuff is getting beyond me. This is my first hackintosh that I've tried building and I can't get through the sierra install... or even to the install screens. I'm trying to install Sierra 10.12.4. I've searched through these forums for hours and tried 1000 various things through trial and error but it's all error / nothing seems to be working for me. Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.

First, I am unsure if I may have incompatible hardware (could someone please help confirm/deny these?):
- Mobo: MSI Computer X99A GAMING PRO CARBON ATX
- CPU: Intel Boxed Core i7-6850K Processor (unfortunately no integrated graphics, I guess big mistake)
- Graphics: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (is this the problem?)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz

Second, here's the steps I took so far:

- I've updated BIOS settings: Disabled VT-d & CFG-Lock, Enabled XHCI Handoff I've created the USB using UniBeast, Dragged MultiBeast onto it, and booted off the USB. I got the Apple logo to come up but soon was replaced by a stop/cancel sign. Then I learned to turn on the -v arg to see logs.

- I then got the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" issue, so I followed the steps here and a) set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 in config.plist, and b) removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and placed OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder. Retried and same error.

- I then tried placing the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file in the /ELI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI directory and just renaming it to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.. I run it and see "Freeing low memory (), Result =0, OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi, Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no, and then ++++++++++ (about 30 plus signs).. and then nothing happens. I researched this and tried various options with no success.I just redid everything in this post and am now waiting on the apple logo in hopes that something will happen if I just wait long enough..

- Ive also tried every combintation of -v -x -s -nv_disable=1 -no-zp boot args.. changing OS version in clover.. every combination of settings under Graphics. Also tried installing latest Clover version.

Has anybody out there run into this before or have any advice that may help?
Thanks to everyone very much for even reading this far.

-Mark

Last edited:
Clover folder attached if that helps..

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
UPDATE: Followed instructions from this thread and got past the +++++ signs. Now getting this (attached)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
UPDATE 2: Using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext fixed that. Also using FakeSMC.kext now.

I can get to install screens now but they act crazy: keyboard commands seem to be x3 or 4 (ie: I hit the down arrow on language select and it jumps down 3 or 4 options)..

I got a flood of this before the install screens:
AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed
AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned

Going to try the USBInjectAll.kext and then call it a night after working on this for 12+ hours straight.
Any advice or people who have run into similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Really in desperate need of someone who knows what they are doing to step in and let me know where I am going wrong. I'm just shooting in the dark right now. Attached my latest clover folder for reference and a visual of the screen before it goes into a wonky installation screen with keyboard issues.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER - 421am.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
UPDATE: Followed instructions from this thread and got past the +++++ signs. Now getting this (attached)
set boot flag cpu=1 boot -v and wait when you get to your kernel panic. might just take a bit longer
and make sure you editing the right config.plist.

Ignore my text, I thought you're already in MacOS :)

Last edited:
set boot flag cpu=1 boot -v and wait when you get to your kernel panic. might just take a bit longer

Thanks for the reply. I've done a few things since that post, but I'll revert back and try that.
So I shouldn't be using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to fix KP? That seemed to introduce different/bigger issues.

Ignore my text, I thought you're already in MacOS :)

No problem. Thanks for reading :)

Unfortunately not sure if that worked. I've been waiting for 30 mins now and the screen hasnt changed after KP. I'll let it sit a bit longer though just incase.

What I did was just remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and retry.
My boot args are "-v dart=0 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 npcl=0x2000".

Any other thoughts? :crazy:

if you can't get into installation its one of two things but I think it could be your bios settings taking your usb away during installation. or its not loading your drivers for your HD or ssd. maybe try it without your video card aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back