CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This isn't limited to Maverick but I'd like to get the esata port on the back of the machine working. Like a lot of other people here I upgraded from Mountain Lion to Maverick last night and after a bit of fussing I managed to boot into my upgraded hack and fell in love with the new multibeast!! A few minutes of installing the network, audio, etc drivers I rebooted and all the hardware worked as it did before. Problem is that the esata port on the back of the board still doesn't work. I selected the 3rd party esata driver in multibeast with no luck.

Has anyone gotten the esata port to work? If so what did you have to do to make it work?

I built my machine a year ago and have never been able to get eSata working. It's the only port that doesn't work, and it drives me crazy! I only have one hard drive enclosure that has an eSata port, it's my backup drive, would be awesome to get the port working. I've installed the 3rd party eSata drives via MultiBeast but when I plug the drive in, it doesn't mount. Looking at the System Profiler it shows up as "unknown". I really don't know what to do, I have scoured the forums on here and google and have come up empty handed.

Have you tried using the 3rd party eSATA kext in MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back