8600m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Hackintosh fanatics :headbang:

I have had nothing but heartache and failure trying to build my hackintosh. I have followed the guides:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html
and am attempting to replicate Slugnet's Video Editor build-log found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...d5h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti.html

My parts are:
GA-Z77X-UD5H (Came installed with bios f14)
i7-3770k (Not overclocked)
Patriot Viper 1600 16GB (2x8)
Seagate 1TB hdd (Gave up on the Intel 335 SSD for now) (One installed and one still in the wrapper)
EVGA Geforce 660Ti (still in the box)
Corsair 640 PSU
Case is a Zalman Cool Innovations ( http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX31653 )

Step 1) Created Unibeast on a MacBook Pro (early 2008) that has ML 10.8.3 installed
Step 2) Booted into the mobo bios and setup the bios to match that as shown in the guide. (At this point, I have unplugged the PSU and removed the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS back to factory)
Step 3) Inserted UB-USB and booted.
Step 4) Used DiskUtility to format and partition the HDD (as per the guide) named it "OSX"
Step 5) Installed ML on the newly created partition; restart
Step 6) Boot using F12 to select UB-USB > OSX
**At this point, I can only reach the desktop in SAFE mode** Regular boot without -x will hang at the Bluetooth controller. (I've learned this experience after almost a dozen repeats of these first 6 steps)
Step 7) Connect ethernet cable and connect to tonymac to download Multibeast.
Step 8) Disable Security Settings in System Preferences to allow non-Mac store apps to run.
Step 9) Run MB with the options as selected in Stugnet's build
Step 10) Reboot to UB-USB and select "OSX" drive .....complete chaos

At this point, I get almost nowhere.Some times I can -x into my OSX-HDD but most times I can't. Will hang in various point of the boot (when using -v) Then I will suddenly be able to once again -x -v into OSX-HDD. Checked my kexts that were installed using MB and they all seam to be there. Then, usually, after my next reboot, I will get the DRM message (ErrorCode: 8877652) that says I will have limited funcionality....but will never get past it again.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I don't know where to get logs from so I can post them here, so if anyone can guide me on how to do that, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Stew

Just to confirm:

1) In Bios you are using INIT DISPLAY FIRST set to IGFX (because your haven't installed your GPU yet)

2) You are using either HDMI or DVI output.

3) Don't select GraphicsEnabler=No in multibeast until you install the GPU.

Just to confirm:

1) In Bios you are using INIT DISPLAY FIRST set to IGFX (because your haven't installed your GPU yet)

2) You are using either HDMI or DVI output.

3) Don't select GraphicsEnabler=No in multibeast until you install the GPU.

Thanks for the reply :)

1) Yes
2) I am using the D-sub port on the mobo not the DVI....do you think it could be something as simple as that?
3) I have tried both ways just to experiment.

It now won't boot past the first time i get to the desktop using -x. In safe mode, I ran MB and only installed the the DSDT/DSDT-Free option and on next boot I freeze at the DRMStatus warning. Some of the kexts from that MB install show as failed to load. Is that because I ran MB while in safe mode?

Hello

I've got nearly same config:

i7 3770k with stock fan
GA-Z77x-UD5H F14

SSD Samsung s830 128Go
ASUS GTS450 OC Edition
Zalman U9 case.
Antec 750W bronze

Did you set your boot option to legacy? i.e not selecting UEFI:"yourhardrive" but Px:"yourharddrive" where x is a number?

When I install with a usb stick i do:

- Preparing the stick with unibeast (with ML 10.8.3 natively)
- rebooting computer
- hit f12
- do the install process
- when it reboot, i press f12 to boot the stick
- when i reach the bootloader, i choose the hardrive where i've installed ML
- install process continue (with iCloud steps etc...)
- when it reboot, i press f12 to boot the stick

And there I land on the desktop:
- run multibeast for audio + fakesmc (+plugins) + network (i've disabled Atheros, so I only install Intel kext).
- reboot, i press f12 to boot the stick
- go to tonymacx86 to download last chimera and install it

after that, no need the stick anymore.

Try this, and if it hangs, try posting pictures of your BIOS settings, maybe it's there.

For myself, it work very well, 14k5 under geekbench, sometimes it freeze with Google Chrome.

EDIT: VGA with Intel HD4000 worked well for me, but 1024*768

Thanks for the replies :)

Well I've had some minor successes.
1) Switched to a monitor that is DVI instead of D-sub. Success (Partially)!! I was able to boot ONCE to the desktop from the HDD using only -v to watch what was happening. Everything went smoothly.

2) Changed security settings to allow for non-App Store apps to run

3) Ran MB and only installed the DSDT/DSDT-free options. Install was successful.

4) Ran Chimera 2.0.1 Install was successful. Then change Security Settings back to only allowing App Store + Approved Devs.

5) Reboot from the HDD (Still have the UB stick inserted) choice from Chameleon using -v and now I freeze at the dreaded DRMStatus.

6) Reboot and choose HDD from Chameleon, using -x -v, will get me to the desktop... but right before the verbose screen closes, I will see the quickest flash of the DRMStatus message just appearing.

7) Check my Extension folder and all the kexts seem to be in place. The Extra folder shows the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist identifies my system as a Mac Pro 3,1.

I will try adding the plug-ins for FakeSmc. Could the DRMStatus be from my keyboard and mouse? The keyboard is a Logitech K120 USB; the mouse is a Logitech M-UV55a USB.

Thanks for the support! I hope to report positive results soon!

Cheers,
Stew

I don't know if your keyboard and mouse can do this, i'm running with a Microsoft Wireless 3000 v2 and a Sidewinder X8, and except that my keyboard is not recognized in -s boot, it works.

Try a different smbios.plist using Chameleon Wizard, MacPro version random freeze for me, i'm on a iMac 13,2 smbios and for now it's fine.

EDIT: Why do you use a partially supported graphic device like HD4000 and don't connect your GTX?

EDIT: Why do you use a partially supported graphic device like HD4000 and don't connect your GTX?

HD4000 is fully supported in ML. The advice with problematic install is get it working before adding the GPU. It may have been a breeze for you, but it isn't for the OP, so adding another variable isn't really gonna help him at this stage.

Here are some screen grabs of my bios. Only thing I changed from these pics, is my UB-USB as first boot option so I don't have to always interrupt the bios loading.

screen.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg
screen5.jpg
screen6.jpg
screen7.jpg
screen8.jpg
screen9.jpg

Here is from my last -x -v boot. At least now I can get in using -x constantly :)

Note that there is a "OSMetaClass: " issue with FakeSMC....or is that due to starting in safe mode?

Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]MAC Framework successfully initialized[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]PFM64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][ PCI configuration begin ][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]console relocated to 0xf80000000[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]PCI configuration changed (bridge=1 device=1 cardbus=0)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][ PCI configuration end, bridges 7 devices 14 ][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Helvetica]OSMetaClass: Kext org.netkas.FakeSMC class FakeSMC is a duplicate;kext org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC already has a class by that name.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Kext org.netkas.FakeSMC start failed (result 0xdc00400a).[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Kext org.netkas.FakeSMC failed to load (0xdc008017).[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Failed to load kext org.netkas.FakeSMC (error 0xdc008017).[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Helvetica]HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG. All rights reserved.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG. All rights reserved.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]FakeSMCDevice: 20 preconfigured key(s) added[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]SMC: successfully initialized[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Previous Shutdown Cause: 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]CPUSensors: CPU family 0x6, model 0x3a, stepping 0x9, cores 4, threads 8, TJmax 105[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]DSMOS has arrived[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]mbinit: done [128 MB total pool size, (85/42) split][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: CE60E9B3-BC72-3527-88BA-546347818645[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeededFireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]vendor:device: 0x8086:0x1503.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SAT0@1F,2/AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI/SPT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/INTEL SSDSC2CT240A4 Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/F.U.Apple@2[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]BSD root: disk0s2, major 1, minor 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 8945152 to: 16632320 (joffset 0x6fd000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 PCI now active, GUID 0049e55003a84b00; max speed s400.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Kernel is LP64[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): AA9DGPA53H00SFM2 0x5dc 0xa202 0x1100[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]USBF:    2.947    The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]USBF:    3. 78    The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]USBF:    9. 95    AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800d562000]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr: 5, EP: 0)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]hfs: Removed 0 orphaned / unlinked files and 12 directories [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]ALXEthernet: Ethernet address 90:2b:34:3d:1a:42[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]macx_swapon SUCCESS[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]SuperIODevice: found ITE IT8728F on port=0x2e address=0xa30[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]IT87xxSensors: started[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Helvetica]DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Helvetica]AppleIntelE1000e: Ethernet address 90:2b:34:3d:1a:52[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]hfs: early journal init: volume on disk1s1 is read-only and journal is dirty.  Can not mount volume.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]hfs_mountfs: hfs_early_journal_init failed, erroring out [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]hfs_mount: hfs_mountfs returned 22[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]jnl: disk1s1: replay_journal: from: 4609024 to: 4900864 (joffset 0x77000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]jnl: disk1s1: journal replay done.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Resetting IOCatalogue.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back