Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get sound running on High Sierra (Realtek ALC898)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, I tried and searched for so many different ways to get the sound card installed but nothing worked out. I have the feeling that almost all tutorials/fixes/patches don't work anymore with my hardware / System.
I'd be so grateful if anybody might help out here. Hope everything is attached as expected. I do have the Realtek ALC898

According to the pinned thread "no audio" I answered the questions as follows:

1. Description of audio problem: Sound is not working. I don't have any AUDIO output or input devices in sys preferences.
2. High Sierra 10.13.6 / Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H / BIOS Version F14 / i7-3770K / GeForce GTX 680
3. It is original
4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1: Attached
5. Terminal - 3 commands, attach Terminal output
5.1 "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 0x10de0040 | "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 0x10ec0899​
5.2 bdmesg.txt attached​
5.3 diskutil_list.txt attached​
6. Copy installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext: Attached as zip
7. Both empty, no device
8. Clover: Attached ("patched" was empty)

Thanks in advance! And thanks for the assistance here overall in this board. Much appreciated :)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 185
Thank you! I completely uninstalled AppleHDA exactly like described in "X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio - Remove audio by method Multibeast"

After this I restarted the system, opened Multibeast 10.4.0 selected "AppleALC" and "ALC898", and hit "install", after this I get an error which says "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the multibeast.log Install log for more details."

I didn't find any "multibeast.log" file to check the details about the error.

Any ideas?

Thank you! I completely uninstalled AppleHDA exactly like described in "X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio - Remove audio by method Multibeast"
It says:
MultiBeast 9/10, remove:
  1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib
Remove the 4 files noted, not the kext.
No AppleHDA.kext, no audio.
More work, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/III. Tools/3. Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
I didn't find any "multibeast.log" file to check the details about the error.
See MultiBeast Failure Reporting v10 and later/Post #1

It says:
MultiBeast 9/10, remove:
  1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib
Remove the 4 files noted, not the kext.
No AppleHDA.kext, no audio.
More work, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/III. Tools/3. Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf

See MultiBeast Failure Reporting v10 and later/Post #1

"Remove the 4 files noted, not the kext." That's what I did :thumbup:.
Next try I will do is to check this one "Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf" as suggested.

And there is the Multibeast.log:
Code:
08/07/19 19:30:20 - Mounting EFI at destination 'High Sierra'

08/07/19 19:30:21 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > AppleALC'

08/07/19 19:31:15 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898'

08/07/19 19:31:17 - Install of '/private/var/folders/vw/3zd75pgn319665rgxrc480dc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/D638439B-19C7-4B31-9D60-623F22E31009/d/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-ALC898.pkg' failed.

'installer: Package name is Clover ALC898

installer: Upgrading at base path /

installer: The upgrade failed....

'. Exiting.

Solved: Restored the original AppleHDA, set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout to '1'... suddenly it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back