Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I had ML running great but safari didn't work any more and things were just going downhill so I decided to install sierra on a empty separate HD partition. Install went great but when I take out the usb drive and go to boot sierra it just stays at a black screen. I can't even load my working ML partition anymore it just stays at a black screen. Clover seems to run fine but the old boot program (chimera) i think this is what it is was called is gone and thats why ML doesn't boot anymore. Need to read more and figure this out any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

-Scott

Without the usb drive in the computer i get the clover screen but I can't boot Sierra or my working ML. However when I get to clover on the usb drive I can boot ML and Sierra on the HD just fine. I need to figure out how to install clover on my HD partitions in order to have it boot on its own.

So my sierra system HD partition has no system folder, hahaha. Need to read some more hahah. Can't be easy now!!!!

So do I need to install clover too? Do I have to enter the same setting as multibeast, shouldn't MB have installed clover and all the settings for me? So confused right now, errr

So do I need to install clover too? Do I have to enter the same setting as multibeast, shouldn't MB have installed clover and all the settings for me? So confused right now, errr
You do need Clover in order to boot Sierra.
It makes no difference if you installed it with MultiBeast or the installer app.
Reinstalling it (if it already exists) should not cause you any additional problems.

Thanks P1lgrim.

So I installed clover as a standard install over what was already there from MB and now after the bios screen the cover screen looks all weird (prob a theme issue) and I still can boot up Sierra or my old ML without using my usb stick. Not sure why. I think cause clover isn't setup right on the HD to allow Mac OS X to boot up. As soon as I boot Mac OS X using clover from my usb stick it fires right up no issues. So weird.

So does each partition on my HD have a partition boot on it? When I erase a partition like I will with the Sierra partition will it erase the partition boot too? I am gonna reinstall Sierra now that I know more about MB and Clover and try it again but I like the MB version of clover better then the updated on I downloaded. I wanna get rid of that and back to the MB version of clover. I also still don't have a system folder or clover folder on my sierra HD partition. Lots of reading still to do. Installing ML was so easy back in the day, ahahahah. I am so outta of the loop now days ahaha.

So today I was able to get a fresh install booting by starting it in safe mode. I assume there is something simple i am missing in one of the settings.

Also on a fresh install and when i boot from my usb stick the EFI boot drive mounts to the desktop after I type all my info in when setting up the os. Is there a way I can wipe that boot loader and have multi beast install the one that come with it and get rid of the one I upgraded to. I like the characters and icon stuff better from MB.

Ok so now I did a fresh install of sierra and started to load Multi Beast and just choose legacy efi and nothing else. I noticed what I was building it that the efi partion popped up on my desktop. so after MB finished I backed up the items in the EFI partion to a folder on my usb for safe keeping. I then reran MB and picked legacy again and it loaded the original MB clover boot loader back again so clover looks great again with the tonymac icons and characters. I tried booting sierra up again without the usbstick and nothing. Not even safe mode or single user of verbose helped. It has to be something stupid, hahaha.

So I think i have officially got it up and running now by itself. I did a fresh install again and picked UEIF boot mode on Multi Beast with the right internet driver and all seems good just need to mess with audio try the migration program to get everything from the ML OS X partition. Looking good now thanks guys. Even ML boots up fine when I select it in clover now. So just a few little things to work on. Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back