Intel HD 4000 and Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all.
I almost have a working system but I use to have ubuntu on it and I just can't get past grub 2 :(. See picture.

I can boot up fine to the os x 10.10 if I go through the usb disk but no matter what I try i can't remove grub to make the computer just use chameleon.

I tried the chameleon wizard in all modes but no luck.

I tried to repair disk. I tried reinstalling even but nothing worked. What can I do?

20141213_012650.jpg

Hi all.
I almost have a working system but I use to have ubuntu on it and I just can't get past grub 2 :(. See picture.

I can boot up fine to the os x 10.10 if I go through the usb disk but no matter what I try i can't remove grub to make the computer just use chameleon.

I tried the chameleon wizard in all modes but no luck.

I tried to repair disk. I tried reinstalling even but nothing worked. What can I do?

View attachment 117823

Can you boot into BIOS and change boot order to have it so that your boot loader on your HDD (assuming you've installed your boot loader onto your hard drive) first instead of GRUB?

Can you boot into BIOS and change boot order to have it so that your boot loader on your HDD (assuming you've installed your boot loader onto your hard drive) first instead of GRUB?

In pure frenzy and frustration I Formatted and erased disks like a mad man last night and used live CD boot repair (probably the latter fixed it). Now grub is gone :)

Argh. "Edit" grub is gone yes. But I can only boot from the usb stick. If it is not present the computer goes straight into the bios. Like I have no disk :(

In pure frenzy and frustration I Formatted and erased disks like a mad man last night and used live CD boot repair (probably the latter fixed it). Now grub is gone :)

Argh. "Edit" grub is gone yes. But I can only boot from the usb stick. If it is not present the computer goes straight into the bios. Like I have no disk :(

It does that because you probably don't have a boot loader installed on your hard drive. Boot into your system using your USB and re-install the boot loader onto your hard drive. Then you should be able to select it in BIOS when you boot (using a boot menu or configuring it to automatically boot w/ the boot loader on boot)

Cheers!

It does that because you probably don't have a boot loader installed on your hard drive. Boot into your system using your USB and re-install the boot loader onto your hard drive. Then you should be able to select it in BIOS when you boot (using a boot menu or configuring it to automatically boot w/ the boot loader on boot)

Cheers!

Hmm... I think I may have deleted some options in the bios. I reinstalled many times the bootloader - but it does not show up in the bios :(.

But the USB boots fine!?

Could I post a picture of my bios to clarify? (what part of bios is interesting?)

thanks for answering and helping b :)

Hmm... I think I may have deleted some options in the bios. I reinstalled many times the bootloader - but it does not show up in the bios :(.

But the USB boots fine!?

Could I post a picture of my bios to clarify? (what part of bios is interesting?)

thanks for answering and helping b :)

Which boot loader are you using? And are there ways to verify that you installed the boot loader onto your hard drive? (i.e. checking if /Extra folder is on HDD)

If it's not showing up then, you may have to boot into BIOS and manually add the boot option to load the boot loader (whatever your boot loader is).

Can you post pictures of your BIOS please? Most importantly, a picture of your boot options / devices...

Cheers!

Which boot loader are you using? And are there ways to verify that you installed the boot loader onto your hard drive? (i.e. checking if /Extra folder is on HDD)

If it's not showing up then, you may have to boot into BIOS and manually add the boot option to load the boot loader (whatever your boot loader is).

Can you post pictures of your BIOS please? Most importantly, a picture of your boot options / devices...

Cheers!

/Extra is on my SSD yes :)

As you see there is no boot options. It is as the bios does not see the drives :(20141214_223755.jpg

Thanks again for replying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back