Contribute
Register

Can't get Realtek ALC889A codec to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrispyXUK said:
Woah guys!!! It Works!!!!!!

Updated the BIOS, but also used kabyls ATI bootloader instead of vervet kexts.

I'm a happy man, thanks for your help guys, you're all stars!!

Does your microphone work? I know the following method works:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/ins ... three.html

* As UserDSDT does not include any Network, Sound, or Graphics support (besides the one found in Chameleon), we'll have to select some Advanced Options

Sound
Sound configuration can be tricky, and many users are confused while configuring it...
The reason for the confusion is that configuration is different if using a DSDT or not.
As we are using a DSDT, we don't need an HDAEnabler (that would be for systems without DSDT). Our motherboard uses the ALC889a audio codec, so we just select it (under Advanced Options|Kexts|Audio|LegacyHDA).

Unfortunately (for owners of other boards), as of OS X 10.6.3, AppleHDA no longer supports other codecs (ALC887/888/888b/889), but MultiBeast is smart enough to apply the AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback in addition to a LegacyHDA kext.

I saw two sections (one followed the other) and I enabled the 889 option in both of them.

So I can get sound working with a DSDT edit? I'm not sure how you edit DSDT files, it always seems very complicated.

I'd have thought the DSDT from the database here would have all the correct stuff in it already wouldn't it?

Don't have a microphone to test, I'll see if I can get one to try.

CrispyXUK said:
So I can get sound working with a DSDT edit? I'm not sure how you edit DSDT files, it always seems very complicated.

I'd have thought the DSDT from the database here would have all the correct stuff in it already wouldn't it?

The DSDT in the database is already edited for audio and is working with the new ALC8xxHDA kext under 10.6.5 on my P55-UD5.

Are you user you don't have a P55A-UD5?

CrispyXUK said:

I find editing a DSDT a real pita also. One needs to pick out a DSDT to match your mobo with care. GA-x58 is not the same as GA-X58A, the bio release version used should match, and even if the mobo is the same except for: Revision 1 vs. Revision 2 matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back