Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

So I installed Lion onto a spare hard drive with the Unibeast USB method. Installation went without a hitch and installed nicely. Once the installation was done, I rebooted with the USB and chose my new Lion partition. Everything seemed to be going well and Lion booted fine so before me was the Welcome/Registration dialog to set up my account.

Problem is, when I enter my information to set up my account and press Continue, it keeps looping back to the beginning. This happens whether I fill all the fields or leave them blank and skip. I also tried booting the drive with both the computer I intend to use it on (a Core 2 Duo, 965 chipset desktop) and my laptop (1155 chipset, dual core Celeron) but I get the same results.

Funny thing is, I can't enter the same account name twice so it's like it's saving the accounts but not allowing me to proceed to the operating system.

Any thoughts? This is a new problem I've never encountered.

I'm going to try reinstall again and see what happens. Any thoughts if I should customize anything when I reinstall?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers :)

Now there's another weird thing. When I get to the part of the installation where I select which drive I want to install on and press "Customize", nothing comes up in the list. There's just two empty boxes and "Restore Defaults" and "OK" buttons.

Weird.

Any thoughts?

Nevermind! I installed it on an Apple branded Western Digital WD1600 and it worked like a charm.

Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back